What's new

The Incredible Hulk or Revenge of the Mummy?

The Incredible Hulk or Revenge of the Mummy?

• Incredible Hulk

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Revenge of the Mummy

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Universal has 2 pretty sick launched coasters at two different parks. Both have different things about them and aren't too similar, however despite this, which one is preferable?

Hobbes

Mega Poster
I really enjoy both rides. Mummy had great theming, and the coaster section had a really fun layout with a surprising amount of airtime on some of the hills.

Still, Hulk wins in my book. Overall, its a solid ride with good pacing and decent forces. But that launch straight into the zero-g roll is just phenomenal. It's one of my favorite moments on any coaster.

Hulk is my number 9 right now, and Mummy sits somewhere around 15.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
It's been a few years since I've ridden them both. I think as of now Hulk is one above Mummy for me.

From what I remember Mummy was well themed and a lot of fun, but the actual ride was a bit short.

Hulk has a great launch into the zero g. But from what I remember, my last ride didn't seem that exciting/intense.

I'm unsure at the moment. I need to reride each of them for a better opinion.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Both are favorite coasters of mine but they are just to completely types of awesome. Hulk though without a shadow of a doubt wins.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Definitely Hulk. I love the unique launch and it's great to ride at night over the lake. The Mummy is good but I find it a little too in your face theming and it's all over a bit quick. Love the fire though.

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
Hulk wins for me. Just the zero g roll out of the launch right into the cobra roll over the lake is quite a start. Mummy seems to be quite short on the actual "coaster" part. Good effects, but Hulk is still the best.

Hulk was a good coaster, but didn't really stand out as anything great. Revenge of the Mummy was a pleasant surprise and stood out to me as something really unique and fun, so I'd have to say I prefer it over the Hulk.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hulk is one of the greatest B&M roller coaster ever built. No, really.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Hulk, easily. Mummy was good fun, but Hulk is one of the most impressive loopers I've ever been on.

marc

CF Legend
Hulk used to win easy but last time we went it was rough and slow and rather boring so now the Mummy wins.

bmac

Giga Poster
marc said:
Hulk used to win easy but last time we went it was rough and slow and rather boring so now the Mummy wins.

Been saying this since 2009. I want to get back down to Universal but it certainly isn't to ride the Hulk.

Lofty

CF Legend
As much as I absolutely LOVE Revenge of the Mummy, as a coaster, it's nowhere near as good as The Incredible Hulk but as an experience overall, it pisses over it.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Hulk is a great coaster and is fantastic to look at but I agree with the above, the overall ride experience on Mummy is far superior. I wanted to re-ride Mummy whereas once on Hulk was enough for me.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I'm not a massive fan of either, but I guess Hulk would probably be my favourite. I can't really explain why, but I guess it feels a bit more thrilling and 'complete' to me. However, I do like and appreciate the fact that the Mummy is quite unique and is a pretty good dark coaster

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Easy one for me this - it's Mummy all the way. Hulk is a great coaster, a few years ago it would easily have been in my top 10, but the helix around the station really saps its energy, and everything after the brake-run is just filler.
Mummy meanwhile has been firmly lodged in my all-time top 3 for some time now. Love all the effects, the fire and the classic just-when-you-think-it's-all-over moment. Awesomeness by the boatload.

Richie

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Hulk was a good coaster, but didn't really stand out as anything great. Revenge of the Mummy was a pleasant surprise and stood out to me as something really unique and fun, so I'd have to say I prefer it over the Hulk.
Exactly the same as me!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
It looks like I'm following the last couple posts :p

Hulk is an excellent coaster, really enjoyable, the launch is reasonably powerful and the rest of the coaster is a really really good solid ride.

But Revenge of the Mummy took me by surprise so much, it isn't the best coaster if you had the two coasters just plonked side by side and nothing else, but its the whole immersive-ness of RotM that I adore, FIRE, noises, the darkness, the rushing, it's just a fantastic overall coaster, and that is why it is in my top 10, I could ride it all day long and it'd just never get old. I love it.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I honestly don't get all the love for ROTM. I rode it, and I thought it was ok. I might not love it because I wasn't an enthusiast yet, but I don't remember much either.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

S

SimonSays99

The first inversion out of the accelerator is just unique and very cool at Hulk and except for the final corkscrew its a very good coaster. ROTM counts for me more as a dark ride.

Would like to compare ROTM with Gringotts. With luck next year I will be able to do it.