What's new

The Games we play...

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Intricks said:
Youngster Joey said:
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix contains the original KH

Actually, its the Japanese only release, Final Mix. We get a few added missions, a couple bosses and an extra end scene finally that helped to further explain the story.

Final mix only added a few things the US release didn't already have. The original US release had more than the Original Japanese release, but I digress

kimahri

CF Legend
Final Mix was a Remastered JP version with the few thing that were released internationally plus a bit more.

A couple things teasing KH 2 and Chain Of Memories stuffy thingy. KH2's Final Mix plus added a **** load more stuff and had a lot more prettying up done to it.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
kimahri said:
Final Mix was a Remastered JP version with the few thing that were released internationally plus a bit more.

So I was correct about that at least. Either way, 1.5 is a great excuse to play KH1 (or whatever version) again

Brookes

Giga Poster
After getting PS+, I downloaded Lego Lord of the Rings for the Vita. It's not a game I would normally go for but I really enjoyed playing it and got platinum last week. It really is a fun game. I also got When Vikings Attack for the Vita which is alright but gets boring after a while. Recently I've been playing Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed which is a nice take on the standard Crash Team Racing/Mario Kart but has the extra feature of being able to transform (hence the name) between car, boat and plane.

marc

CF Legend
1.5 in proud mode is really hard, thought I would just go for it as I get fed up with games that only let you get 100% and replay options if you don't.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Started Outlast today. Can safely say that I am barely a few minutes in and my heart wants to explode from just the first scare. Since I know my imagination is going to run WILD with this game eventually, I'm just gonna stop playing for the night and head off to a drug induced sleep thanks to Tylenol PM!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Brookes said:
After getting PS+, I downloaded Lego Lord of the Rings for the Vita. It's not a game I would normally go for but I really enjoyed playing it and got platinum last week. It really is a fun game

It's great isn't it? I found it a little aggravating trying to get to the next story point. You'd go down a path following the pointer, then find you couldn't get there because you needed a character you hadn't unlocked yet. Instead of the pointer knowing that, it put you in the wrong direction. I'd rather it forced you to do the story, then introduced the open world when you've got all the characters you need. Still, good effort for their first attempt at something a little different.

Intricks said:
Started Outlast today. Can safely say that I am barely a few minutes in and my heart wants to explode from just the first scare. Since I know my imagination is going to run WILD with this game eventually, I'm just gonna stop playing for the night and head off to a drug induced sleep thanks to Tylenol PM!

It looks fantastic, so glad people are making games that seem to be successful that don't follow the normal conventions.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Slightly envious of everyone picking up GTA V today but then I remember what playing GTA games is actually like and all of a sudden I'm not bothered. Think it's just the excitement I'm missing out on haha.

nealbie

CF Legend
Pierre said:
Slightly envious of everyone picking up GTA V today but then I remember what playing GTA games is actually like and all of a sudden I'm not bothered. Think it's just the excitement I'm missing out on haha.

I was envious, put then saw everyone slamming it in the early hours, which persuaded me to dig out my copy of San Andreas so that I could be "involved" in all of the excitement whilst getting the same visual quality and all for free! :lol:

marc

CF Legend
I'm actually looking forward to f1 2013, it does look good from what I've seen.

Just hope you can actually steer the car this time as that's a rather important part of the game.

Booked the day off work anyway.

nealbie

CF Legend
My main problem with the last 2 games was that the Pirelli tyres just DIDN'T go off. You could easily 1-stop every race even on full laps. Was quite boring. I hope that happens this time.

And the AI needs to be CONSIDERABLY faster. Or there at least be a "diabolical" level.

marc

CF Legend
Yeah agree about the tyres apart from Spa where they went off far to fast.

But after the last patch I could no longer play as they messed up the wheel and the only way round it was to have far to much lock which just meant the car would spin far to easy.

On the latest game play videos I can see the cars can now ride curbs with spinning and they seem to not have the steering wheel under steer. Will see though.

kimahri

CF Legend
So after gettin all of Metal Gear and all of The Elder Scrolls I'm gunna buy GTA V. Also got Hotline miami and some other stuff to play Oh dear.

Intricks

Strata Poster
furie said:
Intricks said:

It looks fantastic, so glad people are making games that seem to be successful that don't follow the normal conventions.

Yea, I'm not even near where you actually have to start worrying for your characters life yet :lol:

It is beautiful to look at, but its the music and sounds that really **** with your head. You hear movement all around you (footsteps, some occassional yelling) and the music will make opening up a door quite possibly the scariest thing you've ever done. I honestly can't wait to play more of the game!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
marc said:
Yeah agree about the tyres apart from Spa where they went off far to fast.

But after the last patch I could no longer play as they messed up the wheel and the only way round it was to have far to much lock which just meant the car would spin far to easy.

On the latest game play videos I can see the cars can now ride curbs with spinning and they seem to not have the steering wheel under steer. Will see though.

Sorry, but Codemasters aren't getting money off me again. It's constant disappointment and bugs, I'm just not supporting such a lacklustre company. They issue the games full of complete crap, then sit back while people lap them up and complain, then lap them up again (pun intended :p ).

Bollocks to them. I'll pick up their games second hand several months after release once I know if there's a major, game breaking issue with them or not.