What's new

The Games we play...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
^^I'd laugh if that picture was the final box art. :p

Ollie, it's from Valve, therefore the odds of me not buying it through Steam is quite low... Hence the box art could be crap and I'd need never know...

And Lain, I think you might have a lot more time on FF to do, since I saw 60 hours mentioned :lol:

Pierre

Strata Poster
Right... payday this weekend, can really only afford one new retail game.... down to two M.A.G or Heavy Rain?

I'm very picky when it comes to games to be honest, the only games I've really enjoyed and would say got the full play worth is CoD4... Pro Evo 2009... CoD:MW2... Uncharted...

Thats it really, I like a lot of the fun PSN games too like Pixeljunks... Any PSN games to recommend (Enjoyed Mushroom Wars demo...)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Heavy Rain is superb... but you'll only get 10-12 hours out of it (replaying a few bits). So I wouldn't recommend it at full price unless you're desperate for the experience (mine is going back to be traded in this weekend).

M.A.G. I enjoyed, but check reviews - heard some rumours of server issues and stuff. Also, that kind of game it's hard to break into a few weeks after launch. Everyone has been playing it non-stop and know the maps, objectives and best camp/snipe/run spots. So your first few days playing are really depressing as you try to survive long enough to learn things. I'm also not 100% convinced by online games only too.

AvP is my purchase this weekend :)

kimahri

CF Legend
FFXIII GET!

Special edition... Not so get. Mistakes were made when Preordering. Ah well. GAME IS STILL MYNEALSDTHGJSDG!!!!

The save money will allow me to buy SMT: Strange Journey or Mushihimesama Futari or something... that will have to be imported... and cost a bit... :|

Homer

Hyper Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Robin is possibly gonna be in Arkham Asylum 2...

Honestly, I don't see the issue...
As long as it is not campy and he's badass, I don't mind.

This could mean 2-player Bro-op gaming though! Something that could have made Arkham better.

Lain

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
And Lain, I think you might have a lot more time on FF to do, since I saw 60 hours mentioned :lol:

Yeah, lol! And that's just the main arc with none of the side questy stuff.

I've spent well over 100 hours on XII, and not even finished it properly, so I expect this to be similar.

:D

Ollie

CF Legend
It's Official that Final Fantasy XIII is better on the PS3:
Included with the PS3 version of the game you will find a Final Fantasy XIV secret in-game item and be able to enter for a potential opportunity to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV for PS3.

The 360 version is 720p resolution instead of 1080p and the game is spread across three different disks instead of one. All that let down is also available for the exact same price. :)

SOURCE 1
SOURCE 2

Also there's a competition where you design a kill and the winning design will be used in Dead Space 2
http://www.facebook.com/deadspace?v=app_4949752878

Smithy

Strata Poster
WHO ****ING CARES.

Btw, drove around town earlier to find it before uni at 9 o ****ing clock, Asda had it for £34 and I got there just as they opened at 8. Needless to say I was anticipating coming home and playing it.

Huge let down.

The graphics are stunning, the only thing I've ever seen come close are GT. But the story mode is far, far too linear, the battles are awful, the gameplay is dire. It's not Final Fantasy. Yet.

Ive got to chapter four and all of a sudden a bit of strategy has come in so it's not just a button basher. But the story is poor and I'm dragging myself through playing it in the hope that it picks up a bit soon.

Lain

Giga Poster
Smithy said:
The graphics are stunning, the only thing I've ever seen come close are GT. But the story mode is far, far too linear, the battles are awful, the gameplay is dire. It's not Final Fantasy. Yet.

Ive got to chapter four and all of a sudden a bit of strategy has come in so it's not just a button basher. But the story is poor and I'm dragging myself through playing it in the hope that it picks up a bit soon.

I do agree a bit there. I'm also at chapter 4, but I still feel like it's introducing you to the game, and it hasn't given me full control yet.

I imagine at some point (hopefully soon) all the branched off parties will join up, and I'll be able to freely roam, kicking some side-quest arse.

Also, what is with Vanille's accent? xD

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Lady Gaga tunes for Rock Band + Cartman Pokerface cover = WIN!
Harmonix and MTV Games today announced that a four pack of songs from pop sensation Lady Gaga, as well as a special Lady Gaga cover by COMEDY CENTRAL’s South Park’s own Eric Cartman will be added next week to the Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
It's Official that Final Fantasy XIII is better on the PS3:

I read some stuff on that.

Essentially, it all comes down to a bunch of people who have never had sex picking up the tiniest details and (when they can concentrate long enough (ie stop ****ing off over "the fit girls")) essentially coming to the conclusion it makes absolutely no difference... Other than to people who prefer arguments over consoles to having a sex life ;)