What's new

The Games we play...

marc

CF Legend
I have read that people are lapping 80's and 90's cars as fast as the 2013 cars which should not be possible, buts it's interesting.

Would actually love to see someone real try it lol.

But tbh I think it's just the way it is on the game, for real there would be manual gear shifts etc.

marc

CF Legend
Tried again and it's just so bad probably taking it back tomorrow.

It just shudders and it's not just me. Seems if you have anything bigger than a 38 screen then forget it. They recon this will be fixed in a patch, how was this not tested.

Oh the wheel bug is a classic, there is a lag so you need to turn in early, how stupid is that!

Hats off to codemasters for another great job in ****.

Am actually really pissed off about it as I feel it's a waste of money, that's two of their games I cannot play.

nealbie

CF Legend
The tyres fully go off too! There's a real need to conserve your rubber in this game, which whilst I think might be a massive turn off for the casual gamer who's used to going on forever until they HAVE to pit, I absolutely ADORE!

eg: The tyres WILL last long enough for 1 stop on 25% races, but a 2 stop is the quicker strategy. 50% 2/3 stop and 100% 3/4/5 stop. The strategies at play in serious online races with league buddies have been brilliant and intriguing! I'm just thankful my style and set up conserves the tyres somewhat, others were DESTROYING theirs!

It's certainly Codemasters best effort, but is it better than 2003 or Championship Edition? Time will tell.

marc

CF Legend
Yeah noticed that on a 3 lap race, by the last lap there were marbles everywhere and I had no tyres left as I was pushing for 3 laps.

Even with full tc mark can no longer play the game as it has to much wheel spin, so for people who rely on that have lost out.

I need to wait for a patch before I can play it and hope they fix the problems and not break it like last year.

Seems to be most people love the classic stuff rather than 2013. Think that says it all.

Edit

Been playing the classic stuff, no graphics problems on that and it's great being able to throw cars around. The classics tracks so much better.

nealbie

CF Legend
If you use a manual gearbox just don't drop into 1st gear, 2nd and 3rd have significantly less wheelspin. Plus stops it from being a point and go racer.

1st gear is quite tricky with TC off, during the season I only ever use it at Lowes and the two hairpins in Montreal and Shanghai (also at Hockenheim, but that's not on 2013).

marc

CF Legend
I don't use 1st gear, but if it's on auto it drops into 1st gear and it's just silly. All it does is revs and spins.

I love the old cars they got the sound spot on with the 1992 Williams.

Just wish they did not race 1992 cars and older cars in the same race and mix up the drivers, but it's better than nothing lol.

Looking forward to the 1988 mclaren at a later date plus some others when they can get permission.

nealbie

CF Legend
Those on automatic could still short-shift to 2nd to stop wheelspin if they don't want to use a manual gearbox I guess.

The 1992 Williams is stuck to the floor haha. So easy! xD

Why ARE McLaren so uptight about their image? They've always been like this and it's ridiculous. Senna's family are the same, so the both of them together is a nightmare!

And looks like GAME are going to get bad press. The DLC pack out at the end of the month for £10, but they're selling the classic edition for £17 more than the standard. Tut tut!

marc

CF Legend
The game is broken
vu3umu8y.jpg
the way around this is don't select that team.

Once I got racing it was good, they have got the handling right and the tyre wear right.

Just need to sort out these bugs and their onto a winner.

Furie you can even hit that curb now and not spin.

The reason why they are fussy is image. Codemasters had to prove they could do the job then the writes would be given.

The senna one is tough as they included Imola, but in the end they used to modified one so it should be ok.

There is a senna game coming out so stories have it, but I've seen nothing. Senna is also still locked into Sega believe it or not lol.

Game really did rip me off, my fault for not pre ordering it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
marc said:
The game is broken
vu3umu8y.jpg
the way around this is don't select that team.

Just need to sort out these bugs and their onto a winner.

Why bother? People will just buy their games day one anyway no matter what. Shovel out the **** and people keep on buying it.

marc said:
Furie you can even hit that curb now and not spin.

Definitely not buying it now! How unrealistic ;)

Intricks

Strata Poster
Yea...I have to admit that Im too big of a puss to actually go further into Outlast without possible use of a diaper. I can endure scary movies, creepypasta and haunts, but my GOD does this game just strike some deep chord within me that just brings utter fear to the front.

I gotta man up a bit and tackle some more of this game >_<

marc

CF Legend
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 has been announced for 2014 :)

I've nearly completed 1.5 100 hours so far lol.

They are my favourite games by quite a long way tbh they just have everything. Great story great music and they are not easy.

I gave up with F1 2013 will trade it in soon it's just rubbish. It's been made for a controller and people using a wheel cannot get close to the lap times. The graphic bugs are being denied by codemasters so they won't be fixed. Shame really even though we have sent screen shots and videos of the problems.

I'm not rubbish at f1 games but am lapping 5 seconds a lap slower than people with a controller it's stupid.

Shame I won't get my whole £60 back :(

nealbie

CF Legend
The wheel is still 0.5 to 1.0 second a lap faster, all three of the leagues I race with, the wheel users still have an advantage it's just a lot closer like it was in 2010. :)

For league races I have to get the wheel out otherwise over a race distance I've already disadvantaged myself half a minute.

It's a shame you're not getting on with it Marc, the F1 community as a whole love it.

marc

CF Legend
I think it's all due to this stupid lag I'm getting Neal, I see my self on a straight and the ps3 think I'm in a corner.

It's ok on everything but online. I cannot get anywhere near the same lap time I can do when not online and I'm not the only one. But it's still got this shudder and it's making me feel sick, if I had a smaller tv it would be ok.

You have seen the screen shot it posted yet they say no problem lol.

Lots are saying though they are faster with the controller, and when I tried it it's a lot more responsive at corners.

nealbie

CF Legend
It's certainly closer, wheel still has ultimate performance. As I said I need to use mine for league racing to be competitive, but the pad is quicker than it has been if you just want to pick up and play for a little bit.

It's a real shame your game's ****. It's sooooooooooooo good. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to play this or Pokémon X, which is also <3. Fire/Dragon Charizard... FINALLY!

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
I have had no problems with F1 2013 so far. Playing on the PC too. Also I have been playing Pokemon X, Pretty much completed it too =] Pretty much 2 days solid playing it this past weekend.

Intricks

Strata Poster
In Kingdom Hearts news, did anyone actually see the new gameplay trailer for KH3? Disneyland is apparently a world and a supposed boss fight will be against a rock creature from BTM as you ride AND CONTROL the BTM Train.

Awesome much? <3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, I thought it was one of the Titans from Hercules :lol: :oops:

Did look really fab though :)

I bought and completed Beyond: Two Souls last Saturday (pretty epic PS3 session to be fair).

It was good, but not great (though it was never going to be Heavy Rain). Technologically, it was superb, but the story wasn't quite there in terms of engaging you. Often it just felt like scenes were dumped in to add longevity, rather than substance. Where it worked though, it was superb. It was less distressing than Heavy Rain, but more touching. I felt much more empathy as my choices (while they didn't make any real difference) allowed me to help create my own version of the lead.

It's a definite renter (or as I'm doing, selling it/trading it in right away) as you wouldn't want to replay very much (unlike Heavy Rain, there's little chance you will miss anything major in the story if you screw up).

I guess it's like watching a good film trilogy back to back. Not an amazing one, but one which isn't awful either. Maybe like The Matrix Trilogy, only the second two are better - but not as good as Lord of the Rings :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Want another? Drive Club for PS4 has also been delayed until a similar time. So that's Sony's first party "big hitter" (and first PS+ PS4 offering) gone too.

Not good... I can see a "cut down" Killzone offering for PS+ instead to be honest.

In slightly better news, flow, Flower, Escape Plan and Sound Shapes are being converted to full PS4 games and available at launch. Even better, they're free if you've already bought them on PSN (I have all four). It'l be nice to revisit Flower, and play Escape Plan on the big screen.