What's new

The Games we play...

furie said:
I find it all depends on position and the game you're playing. You noticed it in Ridge Racer, which is probably the same as Pilot Wings. It's the fact you are more likely to move and you need to have a very precise view to be able to play the game.

Nintendogs I just don't notice it, because you don't move. I imagine Street Fighter the action is so fast, again you don't notice it as much. You don't need to be able to see where you're going, and you're working on instinct. It could just be that some games are more prone to it because they have a much further depth of field? I don't have enough experience yet, but Pilot Wings is the worse.

I think the problem is that naturally your eyes only want to focus on one thing, however the 3D aspect gives you more than one thing to look at. In the case of Pilot Wings its the Plane, Ridge Racer the car. You can either look in front of the car/plane or at it. Trying to do both which is easy to do in 2D is harder in 3D and takes a bit of getting used to..

Ollie the battery life goes down really fast when you have 3D full, brightness full, high volume and wireless on. If you are on a long journey there is a power save mode which you can put it into, you don't need wireless on and you might have to comprimise on some brightness which makes the battery life much longer.. 4 hours is still more than good enough for most journeys, only a problem if you are on a really long flight.

Got to love GAME!

Joystiq said:
Report: GAME bought 3DS stock from Tesco to resell as pre-owned
If you were confused by the presence of a pre-owned 3DS on the shelves of your local GAME outlet on the handheld's launch weekend, Eurogamer's uncovered a possible shady explanation. According to an unnamed source who works for the retailer, a company memo encouraged GAME employees to use money from their registers to purchase a 3DS and game bundle from its competitor, Tesco, for the discounted price of £209.90. They could then trade the merchandise back to GAME for the exact same price.

The memo described this maneuver as "a great opportunity to gain 3DS consoles and games for your store's pre-owned stock." Each pre-owned system could then be "set at the same price as mint due to unexpected supply shortage on the market and the quality of the stock." However, the memo instructs employees not to sell the pre-owned handhelds until the mint hardware is sold out, prohibiting clerks from "up-selling" the used merch.

The document describes these shopping runs as "not mandatory," but Eurogamer reports one GAME employee said his store was reprimanded for not participating.

Source:http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/29/report-game-bought-3ds-stock-from-tesco-to-resell-as-pre-owned/

Game are ****. Who in their right mind would buy a game from there at the prices they charge? :p
They're probably losing out to online stores such as Amazon and Play who sell games for anything up to 50% cheaper. :p

I buy from game...

They give me limited edits for cheaper. They must know you live there and charge more to spite you cause they hate you.

To be fair, I occasionally buy from Game too. Places like Amazon and Play are great, but sometimes you just want to get the item there and then. But thats the only time I'd buy from them. Every other time I'd just order online.

I like Game to be fair, cause my mate gets me discount, but, yeah, they're not realistically going to survive TOO much longer anyway.

Game is like HMV.

They both will occasionally have good deals online, but the instore prices are rarely competitive.

And they smell.

I use them if:

a) They have a game I want at a really good price second hand
b) I have lots of games to trade in to make it even cheaper

Other than that, I tend not to use high-street stores. I do find that I don't order from online, just because I don't like doing it; it's too easy.

If you walk into a shop and have to physically hand over money, I find it's a moment of truth if I really want something or not. If I do and would willing pay Game's stupid prices then I go home and order it online. Often, I just think "I can wait", and do, then find it matches the above situation.

HMV and Gamestation do better trade-in offers though (and compete), so I do shop around for trading in.

furie said:
I use them if:

a) They have a game I want at a really good price second hand
This. Mind you, I've got an independent 2nd hand games shop at the end of the road, so I tend to just go in there. Not that I buy games that often these days.

I got Transformers: War for Cybertron for $30. Wish I could get it back. The game has so many flaws its ridiculous. It says co-op campaign, but not on the same screen? Ok. Multiplayer is worse than Halo for killing people, its blocky, and the demo made it seem much better. Balls.