What's new

The Games we play...

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Worms Reloaded is pretty similar to all of the past games, thankfully its in 2D as well! the 3D Worms games were just ****! Just so you know, Worms Reloaded is only available via Steam =]

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Screaming Coasters said:
Nah, its still all about Worms on the Amiga!

WHICH YOU CAN NOW PLAY ON THE MAC WITHOUT EMULATORS!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that because the Mac is an Amiga in disguise? They never used to
guru-meditation_error-300x225.gif

Of course, I had to look at how a Mac could run Amiga software without emulation. It either really DOES have to be an Amiga, or you're running emulation.

Unless the Mac has an Amiga hidden inside it, it's running software emulation to convert the Amiga machine code into Mac machine code.

Even the PS2 which actually had a PS1 CPU inside it needed software emulation to run properly.

I could only find one reference, but please, feel free to show me the real stuff Erol:
Some Mac owning Amiga fans last week said:
If you have an intel mac, run Parallels, and run up winuae under there.

E-UAE on the Mac is crap....... its ok for most ... but seriously.. winuae is must far more config options available....... For one I doubt theres no AGA o the mac.

WinUae with everything up and running works good .. I got the Amiga Forever 2010, so if ya need anything pm me.

They seem to struggle...

kimahri

CF Legend
There was also a port for Mac anyway so why running worms on mac "without emulation" is such an amazing thing I won't undertand.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
slappy mcguire said:
What does anyone think of the iphone/touch version?

Very little?

I cant stand playing the game where you have a very tiny, narrow view of what's going on. You need to be able to see the maximum amount of landscape in the fastest possible time. Worms+small screens/low res = very bad.

I got Stacking today with PS+, which was nice. It's a fantastic little adventure game from the mind behind Grim Fandango (woohoo).

You play the part of the tiniest Russian doll in a family. You're father has gone missing and your siblings kidnapped. You have to go through a world of Russian dolls trying to solve puzzles and rescue everyone.

You solve puzzles by putting yourself inside a slightly larger doll, which can get into a larger doll etc. The dolls all have different abilities (some are copied, some are unique) that you can use to wreak havoc and find your lost family.

It leads a little bit too much by the nose, but it's got so much charm and it's so endearing. You don't need to use the help system, but it's still dumbed down compared to Grim Fandango. I guess having a much wider and active world, it's too easy to get lost.

Well worth getting the demo and seeing if you like it, it's a great adventure for me to play with the kids - just "nice" time together enjoying a lovely game.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ben said:
Someone post in this thread on the 16th reminding me to get Monsters (Pr...

99p today Ben! ;)

Don't forget to get in your guitar hero DLC before it vanishes ;)

Ollie

CF Legend
STOP! HOLD PRESS!!!

Everyone NEEDS to see this trailer.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

It's so amazing and emotional and the game looks AMAZING. The graphics are easily the best I've seen on any game.

To quote someones comment on Youtube...
"It's good to see they're not shy of showing the complete horror of a zombie apocalypse. Usually it's a group of beautiful people or a macho American triumphantly battling a sea of gore, conveniently finding weapons and safehouses.
Here it's simply a family fighting for their lives with all they have and being slaughtered. Seeing in horror as their loved ones fall and rise up again."

But yeah. This game looks amazing. :D

Dave

CF Legend
Meh. Portal 2 is now available to Pre-Order

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5I3VnCHWsU[/youtube]

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Superb trailer and all, but uh...
Ollie said:
The graphics are easily the best I've seen on any game.
You know that's a CG trailer and not indicative of the final quality (or indeed, any quality) of the game, right?

Meanwhile, the astonishing rework of game-but-not-a-game mod Dear Esther has announced they're going Indie. All the gorgeous Source-powered melancholy, yours for only £5-7 sometime this summer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3bPjEbenew[/youtube]
A nice interview about it all.

kimahri

CF Legend
Ollie said:
The graphics are easily the best I've seen on any game.

But yeah. This game looks amazing. :D

It looks weird. Their faces just look really odd, especially the kid. Looks meh to me.

I agree with Plod, Dear Esther considerably more... Stunning and on an engine that is considerably older.

BUT IT'S FUXING KIM TIME NOW!!!

DeathSmiles for the Xbox 360.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPC6O7Bue-4[/youtube]

IT'S COMING OUT IN THE UK! TOMMOROW.

I ****ing DARE anyone of you to buy it and play on hardest difficulty. It was made with the average person in mind.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Odd that the content of the DeathSmiles video is blocked here in the States, even though the game has been available here since last summer.

kimahri

CF Legend
Well thats, interesting. I don't actually know why it would be but meh.

GET IT JERRY. GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT.

I've been wanting it since I got Mushihime-Sama Futari but since both the JP and US versions are region locked I've been paciently waiting. AND IT'S OUT HERE TOMMOROW

GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT.

It'll be dirt cheap so what's the loss? Hell, Get Guwange as well. It's even cheaper and real good fun.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
For those with GT5!!!

If you set your B-Spec drivers to be "Shared with Friends" (or set to Online), we'll be able to race them from a web browser. You'll get XP for the B-Spec driver and money...

Ollie

CF Legend
Got the Playstation Move from Maddie as a Valentines gift. :)
Only had the chance to play a couple of the demos though but so far it's great fun.
I love how on the TV Superstars game you can make yourself in the game and can put your face on the character. Makes it much better than just selecting a pre-made character.

Will get to use it more soon but so far I'm impressed. :)

kimahri

CF Legend
^ Get Child of Eden or your gay.

Reet then, I've been playing a bunch of stuff lately.

Deathsmiles, I was really excited for this getting a PAL release. Booted it up, selected arcade mode and found that it was really crap and boring. So I quit, went on to Mega Black Label Ver 1.1 and I came. So much better, Loves life.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Great fun to play unless you go online and it's am example of annoying and frustration. It's either you can't find a game, Find a player who is on Simple controls and you have to spam the same move over and over to beat them or a player who is on normal conrols who then jumps back away from you and then spam long range assists. It's all just irritating. Going agaisn't a player who is playing in a not ****ing annoying way is fun though, I don't mind loosing to them.

Incidently, Anyone have MVC3 on PS3 and fancy a match?

I also just got Bulletstorm and the Dreamcast collection (for Space Channel 5 Part 2) on 360. I'll get back later.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Kirby's Epic Yarn...

Cuteness overload much? But hidden behind the cutesy shell is the usual solid Nintendo platforming gold...

Though some of the controls are weird and iffy (mostly when Kirby and Prince combine), those sections seem few and far between...

Plus two player is very solid on it...

I like it so far...

Ben

CF Legend
BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL HD ON THE XBOX ON WEDNESDAY.

Doooo it.

Dunno when it's coming to PS3. Spite. Got an Xbox though <3