What's new

The Coaster type the UK needs the most

Taxi

Mega Poster
Ben said:
Taxi said:
A decent giga-coaster. I feel so bad for people in Europe.

It's OK, we might not have a coaster over a certain height but we have rights, free healthcare, culture, history and the ability to leave the country we were born in, so I'm sure we'll survive without your pity.

I don't see what that has to do with coasters? But Ok :--D

But I doubt any park in the UK would ever built such a coaster. And I'm not too sure if any main-land country would either. :cry:

BBH

Giga Poster
Hyper or a woodie for sure. I looked at the count and I almost started laughing out loud.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
If Europe was to build a Giga it would be Spain or Germany to do it first.

Anyways, all what we really need is a good airtime filled coaster that lasts longer than a minute.

Montario

Roller Poster
Taxi said:
Ben said:
Taxi said:
A decent giga-coaster. I feel so bad for people in Europe.

It's OK, we might not have a coaster over a certain height but we have rights, free healthcare, culture, history and the ability to leave the country we were born in, so I'm sure we'll survive without your pity.

I don't see what that has to do with coasters? But Ok :--D

But I doubt any park in the UK would ever built such a coaster. And I'm not too sure if any main-land country would either. :cry:

I think what Ben meant was our lack of coasters as opposed to say North America is trivial and not the end of the world. In other words, there are more important things we should worry about.

I think a mega-lite with a slightly modified design would be a great realistic addition to Thorpe Park too. If you want a 250 ft mega or. 300+ ft giga, your only chance I think would be when a new park altogether opens, where the local council and surrounding area proves more liniency for larger coasters. Not anytime soon, but you never know!

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
A woodie! But why dosen't Merlin build one. I know they asked people and they said that woodies doesn't look safe but c'mon! Millions ride Blackpool's woodies "which look as dangerous as hell" and everyone has been begging for one. Ignore the chavs that want loop-die-loops and give us a air time woodies please!!!

Nic

Strata Poster
Am I really the first person in this topic to suggest a 4D coaster? Obviously, the dreamer in me would be thinking of a full-on S&S Eejanaika/X2 type effort. That's just silly though. So, nah, I'd be more than happy with a ZacSpin. If it was at a slightly smaller park, then the crap throughput wouldn't be a huge issue. It strikes me as the kind of thing that Flamingoland would go for. Of all the UK parks, that definitely the place I can most imagine seeing one. But then, SFMM got one so, who knows, one could spring up at Thorpe for all I know! lol!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Nic said:
Am I really the first person in this topic to suggest a 4D coaster?

No.

DDF14 on the last page of this massive 3-page topic said:
The only other type of inversion coaster I think we could do with is a 4D

'Tard.

On topic, we need a new woodie or hyper blah blah blah.

Or one of those Mack launch things, only there's no chance as the only parks who could actually afford one have launching/looping coasters already.

wakey1512

Roller Poster
Obviously no one would complain if we got a woodie next and I totally agree, but another hyper wouldn't go amiss. There are 3 vekoma boomerang's in the UK's top 10 tallest roller coasters, say no more