What's new

The BBH Attack and Release Thread - OMG NEW PROJECT 8/2/14

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Re: The BBH Attack and Release Thread

The most noticeable thing I saw on your track was that you didn't have con roll selected for every single banked node. Even transitions need it. The next thing was that some of your elements lacked correct shaping and also some transitions could have been better. The ride wasn't bad though. It's a big improvement from your previous rides.

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: The BBH Attack and Release Thread

Yeah, I posted this ride and two or three days later I'm now starting to use Con roll. I'll fix it, and hopefully the track will improve. Good to see that my tracks are getting better though. :)

Brookes

Giga Poster
Re: The BBH Attack and Release Thread - Leopard V2 8/10/13

The ride was ok track wise and has characteristics of lots of tracks I've seen before and even my own when people are properly learning how to use NoLimits. Of course, there will never be anyone who "completes" it, but I can tell you're coming along. Like anything though, put more time into it, and you will probably get a better outcome. A few trees here and there, a bit of terraforming: it all makes the ride as a whole look a million times better without much effort. As far as the track goes, a couple of things to note: the turn after the lift doesn't need anywhere near as much banking. Look at Boardwalk Bullet for example (http://rcdb.com/3757.htm?p=20575). Also, to avoid the high laterals you are getting at the entry and exit to turns, try and imitate lead-ins and lead-outs on real coasters. It's hard to find pictures for an example (it's best to watch POVs generally) but if you look at the following picture of Dragon Kahn (http://rcdb.com/760.htm?p=41956), you can sort of see how on the drop from the MCBR (towards the left) the banking starts before the turn i.e. leading into the turn. It makes everything flow better and, if you get it right, you'll eliminate those laterals.

BBH

Giga Poster

Brookes said:
The ride was ok track wise and has characteristics of lots of tracks I've seen before and even my own when people are properly learning how to use NoLimits. Of course, there will never be anyone who "completes" it, but I can tell you're coming along. Like anything though, put more time into it, and you will probably get a better outcome. A few trees here and there, a bit of terraforming: it all makes the ride as a whole look a million times better without much effort. As far as the track goes, a couple of things to note: the turn after the lift doesn't need anywhere near as much banking. Look at Boardwalk Bullet for example (http://rcdb.com/3757.htm?p=20575). Also, to avoid the high laterals you are getting at the entry and exit to turns, try and imitate lead-ins and lead-outs on real coasters. It's hard to find pictures for an example (it's best to watch POVs generally) but if you look at the following picture of Dragon Kahn (http://rcdb.com/760.htm?p=41956), you can sort of see how on the drop from the MCBR (towards the left) the banking starts before the turn i.e. leading into the turn. It makes everything flow better and, if you get it right, you'll eliminate those laterals.
Thanks for the response. :) I've been told that my layout ideas are good, it's just the technological aspects and the execution aren't the best. And the banking after the lift.... well quite frankly I don't know what I was doing. :lol:

BBH

Giga Poster

Black Hawk Ride Development Group has released a teaser for their newest creation.

yIXJYDd.png

BBH

Giga Poster

"In the immortal words of William Shakespeare: 'Bollocks.'"

- Dan Hardcastle

My laptop is dead. It's not turning on. The new coaster? Was on the laptop. Another one I was working on? Was on the laptop.

ASDIORJAWEIOPVJSFIOPVJAWERUIOPFJSDLKFJSDIOPFNWRGUIOPJAWERH

jolash

Mega Poster

The woodie wasn't half bad. It sounds like you're just starting out, so, yeah.

I would recommend spending less time pumping out a dozen new tracks, and spend more time on one specific track... perfecting it, working out the bumps, getting rid of the Gs where they aren't needed, getting brake runs to work efficiently, etc.

BBH

Giga Poster

Black Hawk Ride Development Group has further released yet another teaser of their next attraction.

VgrmWAs.png

BBH

Giga Poster

In other news, BHRD has just revealed its new logo:

Pi8y9Lo.png

In conjunction with this, BHRD has announced that they have released their first track on NoLimits Exchange! Please download it here and rate it so that other people may enjoy it as well. Thank you!

BBH

Giga Poster

Thanks for the compliments and the constructive criticism. Woodies tend to be my strong point and I'm glad to see I got the CCI part of it right, it felt right from watching POV's.

I'll try to take more inspiration from other rides next time, Cornball Express was a big one here.

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: The BBH Attack and Release Thread - Lovely Teasers 21/9

Blueprints of BHRD's new coaster design have been leaked! The following snippets were released:

eHdn84n.png

ek8aiat.png

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: The BBH Attack and Release Thread - Final NL1 Project!

Black Hawk Ride Development Group today announced that they have scrapped their former project, a B&M Invert partially done in Newton2, for their final piece of NL1 work, a handbuilt... something. I'm having trouble deciding. Whatever it is, it'll hopefully be my magnum opus of NL1 and will send me off into NL2 well.

The ride is slated for release sometime in November.

BBH

Giga Poster

The project has been decided, the name has been decided, and so has the logo. I can provide a sneak peek for you now:

FkHW8qA.png

BBH

Giga Poster

Did someone say "Wave turn"?

zmSX3wM.png

Art thou not teased?

RqG8aOk.png

BBH

Giga Poster

Dare to challenge the fearful flight of the Peregrine...

G2jL1N0.png

PEREGRINE is a Rocky Mountain Construction wood coaster that features the world's steepest drop at 89 degrees, the world's tallest drop at 187 feet, the world's fastest speed at 73 miles per hour, and a tie for the world's tallest at 196 feet tall.

Trackwork is still yet to be completed, but I'm confident in the layout that I've planned. I want to retexture the rails using the CK, but I don't know how to use it for that purpose. If somebody could shoot me a PM for that I'd be fantastically grateful. :)

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: The BBH Attack and Release Thread - Peregrine RMC Wood 2

UPDATE TIME!

I'll be redoing it in the NL2 editor once I get a handle on it, but expect it to be released before..... I die. I honestly don't know when this'll be out. :lol: