What's new

The BBH Attack and Release Thread - OMG NEW PROJECT 8/2/14

BBH

Giga Poster
If you get the reference, you win a prize. ;)

Here are my semi-legitimate unsupported coasters that I usually don't spend more than an hour on at a time because I am very easily pleased when it comes to coasters.

Probably my best coaster so far is this one, an adaptation of the Demon at SFGAm.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX8CUxhAlKc[/youtube]

Somebody tell me how to access the track file so I can give it to you to download. :)

SFOGRICH

Roller Poster
Re: The BBH Attack and Release Thread

I had a bit of a time myself this weekend doing that - getting a coaster file into a folder where I could access it for posting or e-mailing. It had been a long time since I'd done it! As best I remember, what I finally did that worked was to go into NL Editor, scroll through the "tracks" folder, and double click on the one I wanted. When the "Send to" menu popped up, I sent it to my "Documents" folder. Then I exited out of NL Editor, went into "Computer" or "My Computer" as it is on some of them, went into Documents and scrolled down to the track folder. Before I uploaded it, I saved it as a compressed folder.

Hope that helps! I remember going on the SGFAM Demon once, but it's been a while!

BBH

Giga Poster

http://www.mediafire.com/?q232ccjkh9287cu

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_zicGPQBV0[/youtube]

Take a shot at Pistol, a B&M adaptation of a mega-lite. This is a still very much WIP coaster, and I would like your input to help me improve it! I'll ask for CNC on this one (comment 'n' critique) and maybe have you submit your improvements? Hope you enjoy your electric adventure on Pistol!

(Read the video description for an explanation of the song, Ten Cent Pistol by The Black Keys off of their album Brothers.)

Hutch

Strata Poster

Not bad. Both coasters had tracks stuck in the ground though, with some other forceful moments

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

They're both ok. I guess as you said you only spend a 1 hour max on these they're decent. You've got some very good layout ideas though.

BBH

Giga Poster

I have to figure out a way to place the brake run in the accelerator for the contest that I will lose.

BBH

Giga Poster

Taking a break from the Accelerator, I have quite possibly achieved my magnum opus.

A Norse god is silently wreaking havoc upon the citizens of the planet. Can you survive his quiet, but dangerous clutches for the ride of your life?

Guess the name. Hint: silent, Norse god, HNROIE

BBH

Giga Poster

Because you are all so enthusiastic, I will tell you that my next coaster is a launched Eurofighter by the name of HOENIR, after the Norse Silent God. After an exhilirating 60 mph launch, you encounter a gigantic Immelmann loop, followed by a batwing, and a quick turnaround into a vertical loop. Following the intense loop is a cobra roll, then a small break. You come to a halt, then begin to climb vertical, and drop (round about) 100 degrees down, beyond vertical! You enter a second vertical loop, careen through a hammerhead overbanked turn, then encounter a zero-g roll. After a mid-course brake run, the ride makes two final turns and one last drop into the final brake run.

So it's drop-turn-drop-launch-Immelmann-batwing-turn-loop-cobra roll-turn-MCBR-lift-drop-loop-hammerhead-zero~g roll-MCBR-drop-turn-drop-turn-brakes

1 Immelmann
1 Batwing
2 Vertical loops
1 Cobra roll
1 Zero-G roll
=8 inversions.

The ride needs reshaping in some areas, but I will release the track so you can help me with it, just like I know you're doing ever so carefully with Pistol. ;)

AquaTrax

Mega Poster

Wow. Really? An hour on each? Do you know you can save it? Those are some of the most unrealistic No Limits ever created. Was it **** made in Serbia? Such a disgrace to No Limits.

(just needed to get some anger out)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

^Way to be, champ. You did such a great job constructively criticizing his track. Hats off to you.

BBH, you have good ideas - you just need to work on your skills. Here's some tips:

- Track and node control is crucial. Look up photos of real elements and try and guess where the nodes would be on a real ride. This way, when you build your elements in NL, they end up with a better shape.

- I find that keeping every segment somewhere between 45-70 feet is easiest to work with.

- Ctrl + G is also a necessary tool. You can highlight multiple segments, entire elements, even your whole ride, and smooth it. If it doesn't smooth how you want it, just undo your changes and try highlighting different segments.

AquaTrax

Mega Poster

^Sorry but I couldn't resist posting about how horrible it is! What the **** a loop through a station with no supports on the whole coaster? 8 **** year olds can do better than that **** ****.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

I don't think you quite understand that this is a development thread - that means that he posts updates as he works on his rides. I also don't think you quite understand what constructive criticism is. Honestly, telling somebody that they suck without providing them with any other feedback makes you look like quite the asshat. But this should be second nature to somebody who's as traveled and cultured enough to have had the opportunity to ride as many coasters in as many different countries as you have.

BBH

Giga Poster

I apologize for being horrible. I want to get track layouts down before I start working on supports. I've never been quite good at them, and I'm still fairly new to NoLimits, so, please, AquaTrax, continue to give me such great constructive criticism on how I can meet your standards.

Xpress

Strata Poster

AquaTrax, if you have such a problem with it, then you show us how it is done, oh great NoLimits master.

-------------

We have a thread here on this forum where you can vent all you want:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13665

Keep it in there, and only there.

BBH

Giga Poster

So I've been working on a project for quite a while now, finishing the track in a couple of hours as usual, but not quite perfecting it until just this week. (I started in maybe late May-early June.) I present to you, my own take on a CCI woodie....

2FHaz0y.png

Accelerate to speeds north of 55 miles per hour as you try to tame one of nature's wildest creatures, the fearless and perilous leopard. Can you tame the beast?

BBH

Giga Poster

Leopard is a 111-foot-tall CCI woodie with a top speed of 52 miles per hour. The leopard rages as you go on a rampage through 3,187 feet of twisted wood. Can you escape the grip of the leopard? The only way to tell is to take the challenge and ride...

Statistics can be found in the Track Info window.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ktjbef50d4c64uu

----------

Moving swiftly along, over the past week I have been working on an Intamin prefab (I love my woodies.) and I finally got it to operate. I used the 3-bench PTC's with five cars per train, yet I found the track, even though it rode extremely smoothly in the editor, to be quite rough in the simulator. I experimented with different car types, including steel, and found that the six-seater cars delivered the roughest ride, so I abandoned them in favor of 2-bench cars with six per train, even though the ride still was'nt terribly smooth. My question, for all of you NL aficionados, is, Why does the track ride so rough even though it appears smooth in the Editor? Thanks.