What's new

The B&M Thread

People usually say that the supports on a B&M is the most expensive part of the coaster, and without a lift then a lot less support, i.e. cheaper...

theyre probably the most expensive cos theyre the best. B&M's go up so quickly its like knex coasters lol. i think the wing rider is awesome for now and they should continue to build more of their other models! i think mainly inverts, dive machines and hypers.

lakeccrunner said:
I wasn't fond of either of the B&M Hypers I've been on. Nitro and Apollo's Chariot. Chariot was better, but still didn't match up to Magnum at CP. Nitro was the worst, it felt completely forceless and disappointed me immensely. Their inverts on the other hand, I feel are very forceful and give a good ride. The four that I've been on have been intense and enjoyable, not boring and disappointing.

really? 80mph was forceless?
did you not go through the helix of death?!
its funny because i feel exactly the opposite. magnum dissapointed me. it was uncomfortable, a little rough and the helix bashed you back and forth. nitro is silk, smooth airtime speed helix of death good lord!

[Let's not double post. :D -Snoo]

^I found Nitro to be quite bland tbh. The helix was.. meh at best. Of course, having been on a number of coasters with stronger sustained G's, the helix looks quite tame looking back.

D1993 said:
really? 80mph was forceless?

Speed has nothing to do with force. Like I said before, 3G's is 3G's whether your going 80mph or 40mph. And, even though Nitro was fast, it was basically forceless.

I have never been on Nitro, but I got on Diamondback for the first time last week and I was very disappointed. The first drop was great, and then the rest of the ride was completely forceless. I imagine that's how the majority of b&m hypers are.

Re: The B&M Thread

I honestly have no clue where you were sitting, but I felt like I was going to be flung out of my seat on every hill. I sat in the back seat. Got hit in the eye with a **** cigarette too cause some asshat decided to light one on the lift hill D:<

I've never had a disappointing ride on one.

Switching between the hideouts'...

i always hear complaints about B&M hypers. not forceless enough, just mild airtime. But every time i ride one its like OMG!
nitro front row was bloody amazing. the helix was the 2nd most intense experience ive ever had! (next to I305)
i wonder why theres so many different rides. it definetly wasnt mild floater on nitro i full popped out of my seat and in those restraints everything was 10 times better.
maybe i doesnt run well in morning or something?

I've ridden multiple ones all times of the day and I still have mostly bland 'weeeeee' airtime. Nothing significant. Of course, I'm all about ejector.. so it will obviously be bland to me.

I hated Nitro. I can't comment on it's forcefulness or lack there of because I was distracted by the awful roughness. It does that vile vibrating thing that you feel deep in your chest that masquerades as force. It's the same thing that makes everyone hate on Baco, but Baco isn't as bad. Nitro was the worse case of it I've seen, but Diamondback did it to a lesser extent.

D1993 said:
i wonder why theres so many different rides. it definetly wasnt mild floater on nitro i full popped out of my seat and in those restraints everything was 10 times better.
maybe i doesnt run well in morning or something?

I rode it 4 times while I was there once in the morning, twice in the afternoon and once in evening. I tried different seats everytime and got the same ride. Even my family, who aren't coaster enthusiasts thought it was boring.

Joey said:
I hated Nitro. I can't comment on it's forcefulness or lack there of because I was distracted by the awful roughness. It does that vile vibrating thing that you feel deep in your chest that masquerades as force. It's the same thing that makes everyone hate on Baco, but Baco isn't as bad. Nitro was the worse case of it I've seen, but Diamondback did it to a lesser extent.

See im just really boggled at reports like this!
Out of all 7 rides I have had on Nitro, every single one has been forceful, full of airtime, extremely smooth and on that helix I would always grey out.

I mean the airtime was like bliss. I cant think of anything else but than people who thought the ride was a bit boring mustve rode when the trims were on and those like me who think it is awesome rode when the trims werent on. Its the only thing I can think of that slightly makes sense to such different reports.

lakeccrunner said:
I rode it 4 times while I was there once in the morning, twice in the afternoon and once in evening. I tried different seats everytime and got the same ride. Even my family, who aren't coaster enthusiasts thought it was boring.

well this is beyond me I have no idea why it was like that then. I just cant imagine putting the words boring and Nitro together. Oh well I guess each to his own opinion.

Xpress said:
El Toro has spoiled you all.

That it did. And bruised my thighs while doing it. But regardless, Nitro was forceless.

I know that it wasn't designed to give the ejector air that El Toro was designed for, but I barely felt any floater air, regardless of the seat or time of day.

I have rode Raging Bull and Diamondback. The first drops on both are awesome in the back of the train. Raging Bull doesn't have too much air time after that, but on Diamondback I was aout of my seat a ton. There were loads of airtime, but it wasn't the best airtime ever.

I agree that Magnum is a little too rough.

Snoo said:
I've ridden multiple ones all times of the day and I still have mostly bland 'weeeeee' airtime. Nothing significant. Of course, I'm all about ejector.. so it will obviously be bland to me.

Ejector ftw.

Screw feeling like I'm floating, I wanna feel like I'm gonna die! :D