What's new

Texas Giant opening date confirmed

In fact.. the picture doesn't look real.. as it is almost an exact copy of the former photo.

Xpress said:
Hixee said:
Looks like the Posterize filter to me.

This. They don't want us seeing something obviously...
No, I don't think it's really trying to hide anything, just trying to be a bit artistic.

That overbanked turn is nuts! Don't put the little kid on the inside with big dad on the ouside. Someone would end up a lot thinner!

Maybe they just wanted to minimize the fact that the train is still at the factory?

Or at least not in the station / storage barn?

theRock-steel said:
That overbanked turn is nuts! Don't put the little kid on the inside with big dad on the ouside. Someone would end up a lot thinner!

I honestly can't tell if this is a sarcastic or serious response....

New pictures have been posted on the Six Flags Texas Giant page

texasgiant_Jan11_FinalTrack.gif

Final piece of track laid down and put in with a golden bolt
texasgiant_Jan11_BrakesInSafetyBrake.gif

Electromagnetic brakes are installed on MCBR
texasgiant_Jan11_TrainInDock.gif

According to the page, all modifications on the transfer track are done and the teal train is looking good.
texasgiant_Jan11_LiftChain.gif

artsy shot up the lift
texasgiant_Jan11_ControlPanel.gif

The new "state-of-the-art" control panel

Xpress said:
theRock-steel said:

I think that turn will be great, but anyone little on the downside might get squished.
I did not see padding in the seats.

theRock-steel said:
Xpress said:
theRock-steel said:

I think that turn will be great, but anyone little on the downside might get squished.
I did not see padding in the seats.

It's called gravity. It has been around a couple years...

Or rather.... Uhh, nevermind, it's been around too long to count... :lol:

You honestly think they would design the ride so that riders on the inside of the train would be smashed by a larger rider on the outside? I believe not. Also, what about the restraint system? ;)

It is actually both Xpress.

Thunderbolt at Kennywood is a perfect example.

http://rcdb.com/122.htm?p=27583

This bowl isn't banked very well. Also it is lacking a center divider and individual lap bars. The g forces at the bottom of that turn or any turn with the right design can give the exact feeling Rock is talking about.

I doubt, however, that TG will share that feeling.

Ahh, yes, I remember now, there is a local woodie without center dividers.

But with TG being basically a steel coaster, and with modern trains, I'd wager it riding like a steelie...

Even though there's not much to update, I found something on the time lapse camera at SFOT's Texas Giant page. You can see in the bottom right corner that the tunnel over the finale is starting to make its way around the track, and I think it'll be a really cool experience for those who have never ridden the Giant pre and post makeover.

Awesome view of the coaster, though it still looks like a Sim Themepark creation (mark that, second coaster that looks like a Sim Themepark creation, next to Georgia Cyclone), and the transitions still look a bit sketchy to me.

£10 says this will crack the top 10 in next years Mitch Hawker poll.

Another £10 says a load of tools will moan about which of the polls it goes in.