What's new

Texas Giant opening date confirmed

I'm just full of pictures and although they're the same as most, they're still worth posting

Photos courtesy of Guide to SFoT

overview1.jpg

secondoverbank.jpg

Side view of second overbank
secondoverbank2.jpg

I like this photo personally
stitched_low.jpg

Hill after MCBR
hill.jpg

Drop off MCBR
aftermidcourse.jpg

Finale
finale.jpg

Workers putting on chain
chainworkers.jpg

Just for Jer :wink:
chainpile.jpg

And the train just begging to be tested
train.jpg

^I think I remember (only just, correct me if I'm wrong) that they were to stop riders putting their arms out sideways. Having said that, that just sounds silly as I'm typing it so...

^G-Clamps ftw! I mean, it's not perfect, but I'm just assuming they didn't have duct-tape!

Despite the sneeze guard side windows the trains look pretty bad ass and the seats look damn comfortable.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used duct tape! If it can tie the universe together, surely a train won't be much of a task :D

^Speaking of that I like the look of the control panel with the "new" Texas Giant logo and the longhorn head

db_IMG_06351.jpg

Urgh, I dunno, the more progress I see with this coaster, the most skeptical I get, especially on smoothness of transitions.

Also, that train design seems so mismatched for a wooden coaster theme.

Here's a construction update from coastercrutchfield at TPR:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEVGPbYQHMY&hd=1[/youtube]

And here's some piccies for viewing pleasure:

Parking lot shot
dsc00051.jpg

Near the Texas Justice courthouse
dsc00056_0.jpg

The south side picture we've all seen
dsc00057_1.jpg

Train on transfer track
dsc00058_1.jpg

Turnaround and lift right in front of the Titan exit queue
dsc00059_0.jpg

Hard to tell but the chain is completely on the lift
dsc00061.jpg

You can see people and a crane working on the second overbank
dsc00062.jpg

And as far as I have heard, nothing MAJOR going on but there a lot of cranes at work and I believe they're working on aligning most of the pieces of track together and bolting them in as well as working on making the supports more sturdy (as they really need to be).

In other SFOT related news, I believe either tomorrow or Wednesday (I think both days) they are doing shooting for an episode of Bert the Conqueror for his new season.

Other than that, not much has been making a lot of noise.

Your wish has been granted :p