Tesco or Tescos

• Tesco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tescos because I'm stupid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Smithy

Strata Poster
Sorry but that thing on C4 was so biased, and so ****ed up in the 'facts' that it gave that it was almost unbearable to watch.

Nadia

Mega Poster
^ I found it very easy to watch actually!! It was brilliant!!! You should have obviously knew that it was gonna have a certain bias as the name was "The supermarket that's eating Britain". I found it really interesting and they are absolutely everywhere!! Fine by me tho as there's always a Tesco petrol station v v near by and somewhere to buy flowers if you need them at 10pm on a Sunday nite when the actual supermarket's closed, not saying I love Tesco though because I don't!

But yeah it's Tesco not Tescos!!

Smithy

Strata Poster
^

No but i mean the way it was presented made it unbearable. It was almost too biased, everything was just so sarcastic.

For example, they moaned about how customers have to spend quarter of a million or something to earn just one computer. Well, the way it is worded makes it seem like it is something extra. Then the smart arse said about how 'Why dont they just give them away'. Erm...Hello, they do! You don't pay for the vouchers do you?

AeRo

Hyper Poster
I must admit I use both tesco and Tesco's. But then I also use Asda's, Somerfield's, Sainsbury's etc,

Oh and If you type http://www.tescos.co.uk guess what you get?

It seems that Tesco even call themselves Tescos :p

tescos.jpg

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Its Tesco. Not Tescos, i'm only going to one at once (and it'd probably be Tescoes then...), and not Tesco's either. That's belonging to Tesco, so the food inside is 'Tesco's', but the shop itself is Tesco.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I generally agree with Bitter on this one.

I can see why people call it 'Tescos'.

If I were to go and visit (for example) furie at his house which he owns/rents then I'd tell people that I'm off to "furies".

So seeing as Tesco own/rent the shop/floor space when I visit them I'm off to "Tescos".

I agree that the company name is Tesco and that's how they should be refered to when discussing the company except when visting the store.

Martyn

Giga Poster
In that case, it requires an apostrophe then doesn't it? :p

Asda's still sounds ridiculous though. So your logic can't be applied there. :lol:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I wrote it as I would say it. I'd never say I'm off to "Tesco aspostrophe s".

AeRo

Hyper Poster
With all the stuff on the news about fuel contamination, even the BBC are calling it Tesco's.....and the BBC are never wrong! :wink:

nealbie

CF Legend
Strangely enough me and me mate Luke were talking about this today at school and kept randomly asking loads of chavs, etc. who all called it 'Tescos'
The same thing also happens with Adsa which they call 'Asdas'