Tesco or Tescos

• Tesco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tescos because I'm stupid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Richie

Hyper Poster
It really annoys me when people call the shop "Tesco" Tescos.

Why add a random "s" onto the end of the word? Does that mean you should say Asdas? Should you say Drayton Manors?

The logo of Tesco is:
logoTesco.gif

There is no S.

The website is www.tesco.com, not www.tescos.com.

I know some people are going to say that there are more than 1 Tesco store in the world, but that isn't the point. You are only going to be visiting one Tesco and there should be no "s". It's like saying do you want a chewing gums because there is more than one packet of chewing gum in the world.

So, do you call the shop "Tesco" Tesco or Tescos?

Rach

Giga Poster
Tesco

Because im normal, but for some reason my mum says tescos, so shes stupid according to richie's poll. :lol:

Bitter

Mega Poster
To be honest, i can't say it's something that keeps me awake at night. But i'll admit i do occassionally say, and hear people saying "I got it from Tescos", it just seems to make the sentence flow better and feels more natural than stopping on an O sound.

Louis!

Mega Poster
The only time I say Tescos is when I am talking about more than one Tesco therefore it becomes a plural, Tesco's. So yeh, Tesco for me!

It's just the way we British speak, we are lazy with our language, so to some people if adding an extra 's' to Tesco is natural/easier I suppose they would say Tescos not Tesco. That is why English is one of the hardest languages in the world to learn, because of our damn lazyness. :D

NP

Bitter

Mega Poster
We also have the most words of any language, and so it's also the most descriptive and the best, but this isn't a debate about that. :)

Snoo

The Legend
Its kinda weird, but humans do that to some words for no real reason.

For instance, the finals of track and field in Ohio is the "State" track meet, but most athletes i knew say... "I'm going to States"

Its a weird phenomenon.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Neither, they SUCK!

Sainsbury's and Asda all the way!

It's Tesco, but I'm not sure whether I say Tesco or Tesco's. :?

Did anyone see the dispatches programme about them being

"The supermarket that's eating Britain".

I missed it.