What's new

Tennis Topic

Smithy

Strata Poster
Sir Andy Murray essentially won it on his own (well, massive thanks have to go to Judy Murray I guess) but way back in our first tie it was James Ward shocking John Isner that set us on our way.

Still, absolutely stunning achievement, 2 grand slams (1 of which Wimbledon), an Olympic gold and now a Davis Cup. Not only should he be a shoe-in for SPOTY but he's easily our greatest living sportsman.

Ben

CF Legend
Yay!

He played so much better than he did the week before when I went to see him at the ATPs xD

This topic also needs more comments on how amazing Wawrinka's arse is. Easily the best thing in tennis.

Smithy

Strata Poster
His backhand is better tbh.

Although my new favourite shot in tennis is Murray's scoop lob. Went mental when he won with it.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Yay tennis <3

The Aus Open is so annoying with the time difference, bloody time zones ;)

I intend on staying up until Konta has finished, and Murray then finishes. I have faith in them both making it to their respective semis. Surprised/glad Nadal went out in the first round (lol), Murray should easily get to the final, I just hope Federer gets Djokovic tired in their semi, but I can't see that really happen, certainly not enough for Djokovic not to win his 6th Aus Open title...would love Murray to win.

Smithy

Strata Poster
After their last performances I can see Federer beating Djokovic tbh, though you'd assume he can't possibly be as bad as he was against Simon.

Think Murray walks through Monfils or Raonic, although possibly famous last words as Raonic is looking very, very good.

nealbie

CF Legend
**** night for results. Roger's out, and so's our new British tartlet. Oh well, at least Murray's not out (yet).

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Yeah I know right, I set my alarm for 4.30am to watch it, that went well, I woke up at 10am, but did get to see the final set between Federer and Djokovic, Federer played some amazing tennis but Djokovic really is super human, as much as it pains me to say it, I wouldn't be surprised of Djokovic wins all four AND the Olympics this year.

Looking forward to Murray later, he should do it...surely...?

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I always do, with each year that passes I almost want Federer to win it rather than Murray, I'd like nothing more than to see Federer win one more Wimbledon, it'd be amazing.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
**** sake.

And the thing is I don't doubt Murray wasn't playing at his absolute best for a large portion of the match, just Djokovic is another ridiculous level. Ugh.