What's new

Swine Influenza: Disaster or Media Panic?

Panic or Pandemic?

• It will be a huge epidemic/pandemic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It'll be a problem, but no disaster

• Just another flu. Out of the picture by next week

• *coughcoughcoughIvegotitcoughcough*

• Total voters

the_missus

Mega Poster
Forget a perspex box...can I just have a padded room??! They'll be well fun!

OINKY OINKY OINKY.....OINK OINK OINK!!!

Homer

Hyper Poster
May is Sweeps month for networks. Swine Flu happens in May as the big overhyped virus story fearing mankind would turn into I Am Legend. Tools get scared and watch news nonstop.

Viewers = Profit.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Yay! That blonde chav sket from N-Dubz has Swine Flu :D

Let's hope that's one less chav the world has to deal with...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
If anyone still had any hope for the huge coaster project in Southend, this has to be the last straw glipping now. With a project name like that, all the investors must have abandoned it like a coughing pig from Mexico.

Slash

Giga Poster
I dont think people realise what they are saying when they say "The last pandemic"

There are quite a few pandemics at the moment, such as HIV.

Its nothing to worry about seeing as 36,000 people die a year from the Flu and 30 official cases of deaths from Swine Flu have been reported.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's not like me to praise the currently joke of a UK Goverment, but I do feel they have approached this well. TV adverts, school closures, leaflets, airport restrictions, helplines etc.

TBH, it's not something concerns me too much, same with the bird flu/SARS, I'll go about my business, being a bit extra careful here and there.

Oh, and if anybody sneezes, it is NOT funny to say "hahah, you have swine flu!!" The jokes are terrible, overkilled and turd. Anybody that says one should be packed off to Mexico.

Emmett

Giga Poster
ciallkennett said:
Yay! That blonde chav sket from N-Dubz has Swine Flu :D

Let's hope that's one less chav the world has to deal with...

At least there has been one postivie outcome from the Swine Flu. Hopefully they will keep her locked up for long enough so we don't have to see their crap on tv.

kimahri

CF Legend
Ian said:
Oh, and if anybody sneezes, it is NOT funny to say "hahah, you have swine flu!!" The jokes are terrible, overkilled and turd. Anybody that says one should be packed off to Mexico.

They are good to use on people you hate and have a short temper however.

It's always nice to laugh at people you hate having a pissy fit.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
The government have done well, but the whole thing is over done for what is esentially a slightly worse flu than normal.

COUGH! I Mean OINK!
Oh God no! I think I've Got it! Save us all we shall all be dead by next week and if we survive illegal immigrants, ASBO youths, house prices, the class war, Labour and a lack of Dianna will finish us off!
Wow, I must stop reading The Express.

Ollie

CF Legend
We got a mail today to all students telling us that some staff and students have been asked to stay at home after saying they felt unwell after returning from Mexico.
Apparently they've been seen by the GP's and they don't have SF.

Dave

CF Legend
Im mean to giggle but we have a step by step how to wash our hands in our Halls toilets now, made of 13 steps.

Mark

Strata Poster
We got issued bottles of hand wash stuff that we can keep in our pockets at work.

Personally, I think this is a good idea either way. Money is filthy and dealing with it all day makes your hands filthy!

Dave

CF Legend
My only worry is that with all this cleanliness we leave ourself not only to Swine Flu but other flu viruses.

Slash

Giga Poster
Dave said:
Im mean to giggle but we have a step by step how to wash our hands in our Halls toilets now, made of 13 steps.

OMG, thats what medical staff have to do! My Dad has to! It's so funny when I'm in the staff toilet at my Dad's dental practice, those steps are up on the wall!

kimahri

CF Legend
2 things.

I'd rather get the ****ing thing and having a more bunked up immune system.

This whole thing is really irritating