What's new

SW8

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I wonder if today's events will have an effect on sw8? Possible lost revenue that needs to be made up for by building a ground breaking new rollercoaster or perhaps a stance that focuses more on safer high quality dark rides to please the GP that have been put off of coasters by the accident!

elephant58

Hyper Poster
I doubt it. Hopefully they'll figure out what happened soon and get the coaster back open. Surely after accidents like this, they'll recover within a couple of years.....

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Perhaps they will start thinking of new rides that are simply solid, reliable good rides rather than aspiring to be a "world's first" every time. But I doubt it.

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
I highly doubt this ride would be scaled down or anything of the like due to the incident today.
If the incident today caused Thorpes attendance to drop then that could be an issue. As I found out today, and as some of you may know already, all park are separate when it comes to money, bit like a franchise. Any money created in "X" park stay in that park going towards what needs to be paid and/or invested etc.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Usually, when an accident occurs, the park tries to market the **** out of itself, to draw in some more crowds. New rides also help, again, to draw in crowds.

For example, back in the 90's('93, I think?), there was a gang related shooting in the SFMM parking lot. The very next season, the park added a kids area to draw in families.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Chris_9933 said:
I wonder if today's events will have an effect on sw8? Possible lost revenue that needs to be made up for by building a ground breaking new rollercoaster or perhaps a stance that focuses more on safer high quality dark rides to please the GP that have been put off of coasters by the accident!

I only think the plans might have be rethought if SW8 was supposedly a Gerstlauer but it doesn't seem likely. I think they might have already been put off of them from the previous maintenance issues anyway.