What's new

SW8

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
jj23w said:
Actually Gavin I've not only just become a Ride Op. The Operations which Rides comes under finds out a lot more than you think.
Sorry, I thought you were a ride op. What is it you do then? Unless by "haven't just become a ride op" you mean that you've just been accepted into a second season?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
gavin said:
jj23w said:
Actually Gavin I've not only just become a Ride Op. The Operations which Rides comes under finds out a lot more than you think.
Sorry, I thought you were a ride op. What is it you do then? Unless by "haven't just become a ride op" you mean that you've just been accepted into a second season?
Yep, second season...
I heard when you get to your third season you get told the plans for SW9!

Smithy

Strata Poster
**** me at this rate of progression you'll be managing the place by 2018.

Bless him. It's been a while since we had one of these isn't it.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Come on guys, let's be nice. jjw23 is a Legoland 'not just a' ride op. Therefore he must have inside knowledge on Alton Tower's 'next big thing'. So, I just wanted to ask, Jordan, if it isn't RMC (which everyone, myself included, seems to think) what do you 'know' it is? Surely you can tell us. :)

Ethan

Strata Poster
If Ride Ops were told what every new development was then there would be literally no secrets!

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
It's a Son of Beast clone, with loop and everything. There I have spilt the beans, time to stop speculating and time to start getting overly excited by pictures of mud from the forbidden valley where construction will take place. In all seriousness though what could it be other than RMC? It seems rather likely that Alton would be the first UK park to pick up on the RMC trend. Should be interesting to see where the ride will actually be built, has anyone got any rough guesses as to where it will be? There's clearing going on over by Gloomy wood, beneath the skyride station and obviously now blade is being removed.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ As I said earlier, there are strong indications for Forbidden Valley, behind/next to Air. The site was being checked out around the time of Smiler I think. Removal of Blade supports that.

Alex23

Roller Poster
No idea how true this is or not but I've heard GCI mentioned although I'd much rather have an RMC.

Also jj23w, planning permission for a big ride usually goes in around the time the season ends so I wouldn't expect to see any plannning until October/November.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Coming in here to say what I always say to people like jjnumbersandletters and other park based staff, even management...

The rumours you've heard may well be true, and even more likely, they may well have been true at some point in history[\]. By the time they get through to rides staff and then enthusiasts, they're so far out of date they've been scrapped or changed beyond recognition.

The RMC rumour is kinda different, its come from a completely different route. That doesn't mean it's 100% accurate or won't change, but it is more likely to be true.

I can't tell you how many rumours I heard through working in rides that people were 100% certain were true that just never happened. Some obviously misunderstandings, some legit sounding.

As a harmless out of date and obviously ridiculous example, "Stealth is made out of left over parts for Rita." Some rumours I heard were less obviously false, though. Most of the stuff that ended up actually happening was very last minute and out of the blue, only hearing of it weeks in advance of official release, which just shows how long it takes for rumours to filter.

Either way, telling everyone in here where you work and spreading sensitive information is, believe me, risky business. Be caaaaaareful. Take everything you hear with a grain of salt. Rumours are fun, speculation is fun.

Thinking about themes..... Hmm, something like, an old machine that was used to excavate Nemesis that has been taken over by OR they've uncovered again to help fight it?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Joey said:
Thinking about themes..... Hmm, something like, an old machine that was used to excavate Nemesis that has been taken over by OR they've uncovered again to help fight it?

This is what I was thinking, or if it's launched maybe some kind of like, excavation explosives sort of thing? Either way I really hope they tie it into the Nemesis overarching story, I loved that they did they with Sub Terra <3

NHS Jordan - I'm not hating on Air, I'm hating on the theme of Ai and how it doesn't fit with FV.

Wingrider won't happen because Alton have enough trouble being allowed to clear trees as it is, imagine how many more you'd have to spite to build something as wide as a wingrider!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
gavin said:
^ As I said earlier, there are strong indications for Forbidden Valley, behind/next to Air. The site was being checked out around the time of Smiler I think. Removal of Blade supports that.

Yep, there were a few rumours just before Smiler was announced that we would be getting SOMETHING in the valley (I at one point heard B&M Hyper as an example)...

It's not too much of a stretch to think that they'll revisit plans for that area again, Air's car park has been subject to rumours for about a decade now... It's always the ride type that we're unsure of...

Ride staff know nothing until anything is confirmed... Otherwise Wild Asia would have been mentioned a lot earlier than it actually was (or that might have been because no-one knew or cared about it because Chessie)...

Alex23

Roller Poster
From the LTDP it looks as though they may put an entertainment complex there, but there would still be room for a coaster on the site as well.

Again another rumour but I heard they may be looking to build a rollercoaster restaurant (similar to the one at Europa) but I've heard two potential sites for it. One person said in the entertainment complex and there other one said in the Air shop which I thought was quite an interesting place for it to go.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm shocked they got rid of Blade so early. SW8 isn't meant to open until 2017. Will somebody else pip Alton Towers to having the first RMC in Europe? I did hear that Plopsa were looking at one, but that's just grapevine murmurings.

When Alton do get round to releasing the plans (which will probably be later this year), they'll probably be quite cryptic like Smiler's (they'll only include as much detail as possible).

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Ian said:
When Alton do get round to releasing the plans (which will probably be later this year), they'll probably be quite cryptic like Smiler's (they'll only include as much detail as possible).

So... that means they'll give us the CAD files, the planning/budget, project schedule, and all written communication with various external companies involved with the ride?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Pokemaniac said:
Ian said:

So... that means they'll give us the CAD files, the planning/budget, project schedule, and all written communication with various external companies involved with the ride?

*sigh* Stop being picky you know what he meant. God I hate nitpicking!

Ian, maybe they'e learnt from their mistake with Smiler and are just giving themselves more than enough time to complete this project to avoid another fiasco?

Alex23 - I've heard that too, a FoodLoop going into the Air Shop.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I thought he was having a laugh tbh.

I absolutely love the idea of tying it into the Nemesis theme.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Pokemaniac said:
Ian said:

Berk. Ok, I should have used the word 'necessary'.

Alex23

Roller Poster
nadro - It did surprise me that was the suggested place for it as I reckon it would be a much better fit in the entertainment complex..... I suppose though that depends if that goes ahead though.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^the thing is that restaurant style does fit with the Air theme and also there aren't really any sit down restaurants in FV, so it makes sense in that aspect.

With regards to Poke, if he was saying it in jest that's fine but I've seen him nitpick and stuff like this before. It's annoying and he didn't even add anything relevant to the conversation.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Where exactly did the RMC rumour come from? Also, MAYBE the reason that they've gotten rid of Blade so early, is because the coaster will open in 2016 (never going to happen, but still).....