What's new

Stupid things the GP have said

jack.bell

Mega Poster
according to one of my school mates oblivion once stopped half way down the drop when a power cut happened and the whole park stoped!

and while i was at liseberg i heard this guy say that balder is the worlds biggest and fastest wooden rollercoaster in the world and this was an american guy!

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
At Crealy my cousin insisted that if the gate at the top of the lift hill stairs on the Pastil Loco is opened during a ride the coaster will just stop no matter where it is on the track, and that it'd happened to him before. A small lesson in gravity and trains not having breaks on showed him :lol:

Rush

Giga Poster
I have a new one.

On Thursday, on Colossus as we were going up the lift, the girl behind us shreiks:

"OH MY GOD! DOES THIS THING GO UPSIDE DOWN?!!"

Gladiator

Mega Poster
Rush said:
On Thursday, on Colossus as we were going up the lift, the girl behind us shreiks:

"OH MY GOD! DOES THIS THING GO UPSIDE DOWN?!!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
And she had queued up and watched it go around.

Slash

Giga Poster
When a coaster breaks down and someone says "Imagine if it stopped on the loop!" (It's either on the brakes or the lift). It happened on Colossus and the guy in front of me kept saying it to me and I told him it couldn't do that and he said "Yes it can, if the power goes out the train will stop dumbass!". So I said

" Are you an idiot!? Why the hell is there a lift if the car is powered around the track?"
"Err...."
"Because the train goes around the track from GRAVITY! Use common sense!"

He shut up then. I hate idiots, especially those who bull **** and then have a go at YOU for denying their statement.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Pretty sure everyone has heard the one about someone snapping their rists by putting their hands up on Rita, or the one about some girl being thrown out on the first corner and killed.

On a GP level, surely everyone could think that they wouldn't let a train out if it was not locked, and physics says it wouldn't happen.

On our level, the turn is heartlined, so there would be no lateral movement. This builds the physics argument. even more.

How about another one I heard "Kumali is better than Nemesis."

Wow. Thats just plain stupid.

A

Anonymous

The girl who "snapped" her wrists on Rita only damaged them as she was holding on to the handles on the restraints at an odd angle and was far to tense.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Whilst in the queue for Rita, yes this guy was being serious.

"They were going to put loops in for Rita, but they ran out of track, so there going to put them on the new ride instead"

Blaze

Hyper Poster
That is THE BEST THING I have ever read.

The levels of stupidity that is on just boggles the mind.

How could they 'run out of track'?
If parks just had track that they just tsuck together, wouldn't they have designed it first and made sure they had enough?
If they ran out, how did they finish it?
SW6 has no inversions. It has been built so every one can see that it does not invert and has totally different track.

Jesus H Christ that is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I love that guy!

A

Anonymous

A stupid thing i heard someone utter was that 10 people have fallen out of the trains on pepsi max on the turn round.

Another one is that Oblivion has a hidden loop in the hole.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
But it does, doesn't it?

I mean, you can really feel it going upside down really fast so it's almost as if it didn't!

The "We're going to die!" one happened to me when I was on Air. It always stops on the lift if a monorail car is going over, and it stopped on us, que lots of "ARGH!". This happens quite a lot.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Blaze said:
That is THE BEST THING I have ever read.

The levels of stupidity that is on just boggles the mind.

How could they 'run out of track'?
If parks just had track that they just tsuck together, wouldn't they have designed it first and made sure they had enough?
If they ran out, how did they finish it?
SW6 has no inversions. It has been built so every one can see that it does not invert and has totally different track.

Jesus H Christ that is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!I love that guy!

First, i just laughed, then said yeah i heard it goes upside down 4 times, he made such a dick out of himself, so proud of his knowledge, i didn't want to knock him down.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Blaze, is it really necessary for you to comment on every single post made in here? You're just repeating what everyone else is thinking, you're trying to explain what need not be explained.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
This one has been on youtube:

"Grand National comes off the track and comes back on because the track is magnetised like all the rides at PBB."

Also on a video of Avalanche:

"I wonder how it stays on the track?"

"They magnetise the tracks so it won't come off."

Sometimes I wonder if people have ever been to school or have eyes. I can't see how you miss the upstops on Nash and the barriers on the sides of Avalanche, even though they are clear even on the video. And how do you magnetise wooden track? Or magnetise something that can still accelerate, decelerate, and in Avalanches case, move side to side?

A

Anonymous

Its either a case of brain not in use or just the fact that the person saying it is just saying crap for the sake of talking.

El Patricko

Roller Poster
I remember at alton towers one time where i was queueing for air with my cousin, the foolish man in-front of me in the queue was explaining away to anyone that would listen that air was faster than oblivion and has special "trip" brakes which "trip" when the power goes out and hence stops the gondola wherever it is on the track. He was comical to listen to. not a minute later my cousin asked me why "that lift hill" is black and the rest of the track blue-green. To which i responded, pointing to air's lift hill, It is due to,, And before i could finish the cretinous man infront "kindly" pointed out to me that the black lift hill i was pointing to was actually nemesis's lift hill. This was almost simeltaneous to an "air craft" beggining to appear out of the tunnel...... On this particular occasion it was the coaster that corrected the mis-informed gentleman and left him with a somewhat uncumfortable queueing expirience..

Who said coasters can't stick up for themselves.. :wink:

Me: Maverick is the same colour as Diamondback, the parks really need to get original with their colours.

My cousin: NO WAY, Diamondback is green, are you retarded?

And then we argued for like.. Ever. And she still doesn't believe me even though she has been on it and everything.

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ Wow...

Short term memory loss, maybe? Color blindness, perhaps? :lol:

I find that most GP say stupid things to try to get attention and look smart in front of their friends.

And for some reason I always feel like one of them when I tell people who've been to KD that they're getting a giga and no one believes me. :(

^ Haha, who knows. She's just.. Very blonde sometimes. Almost as bad as me :p .

And aww, don't worry, I believe you! :p . And they will all be embarassed when they see that they actually DO have a giga next year, woo.