What's new

Stupid things the GP have said

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
I didn't experience this one but it has to be said because Pat McCabe experienced it at SFGAdv. While in line for Kingda Ka there was a woman telling everyone in line that it was not new to the park in 2005 and in fact it was relocated from Hershey Park.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
I hate it when my friends get involved with rollercoaster talk, because they're no good at it!
*FRIEND* What was that coaster in Ohio that launches you, goes straight up about 300 feet and then back down?
*ME* Top Thrill Dragster.
*FRIEND* no... It's Maverick! DUH!
Who's the coaster enthusiast?? Who should know these things better? Honestly... :roll:

Ben

CF Legend
#pmbo said:
I hate it when my friends get involved with rollercoaster talk, because they're no good at it!
*FRIEND* What was that coaster in Ohio that launches you, goes straight up about 300 feet and then back down?
Who's the coaster enthusiast?? Who should know these things better? Honestly... :roll:

To be fair, neither of you were right ;) 300ft? Launched? The answer's "nothing".

marc

CF Legend
"Saw is the best ride in the UK"
"Nemesis goes upside down 20 times"
"I got stuck on Nemeis upside down, and was stuck like that for an hour"
"Thunder Looper once left the track as it did not slow down enough"

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
The best one has to be when one of my mates from school was on the way back from the thorpe park and said to me, and I quote. "Did you know no way out goes upsidedown?". I laughed and tried to persaude him not, mentioning my coaster geakyness a few times yet he still ignores me. ^^

#pmbo

Roller Poster
Ben said:
#pmbo said:

To be fair, neither of you were right ;) 300ft? Launched? The answer's "nothing".
I was merely saying what my friend had said. At that time I couldn't be bothered to go into detail how wrong he was. I knew what he meant and most times I ignore their mistakes :lol:.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I've had someone behind me trying to push infront of people who had pushed infront of me.
I had waited till the next train so I could get front row. I was front of the queue and two people pushed infront. Then the people behind me, who had been trying to push infront for ages (and I think the ones who pushed infront of me also pushed infront of them) asked them to let them get front row.

But I won. Feeling their evil glances all the way around was priceless.

Heard loads about statistics that are so wrong it is unbelievable. But if they aren't enthusiasts that aint too bad, unless it is like that Maverick one above.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
You always get statistics by some tosspot in queuelines, but come on when a park *cough blackpool* tell you one of their rides hits 38g then surely you'd reconsider believing?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
That is dim.

Enthusiast or not, surely everyone has enough of a grasp of basic physics to know that would kill you many times over if it was not pretty much an instataneous load.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
furie said:
"I like Thorpe"
"That Saw ride is great"
"Blackpool looks like an excellent weekend destination"
"The toilets here at Alton Towers are fantastic"
"That's a nice beard"

;)

Actually - I think the ride saw is pretty good - but the theming is awful!, and I do quite like thorpe too..

Gladiator said:
I heard the log fume one while I was as Chessington
Also
"Come On - Lets go on Dragon's Furry!"

I'm gonna have to call it that in future!!

One I heard in the queue for air:

"You've gotta admit, that looks so slow compared to rita..."

Kebab

Giga Poster
This.
Poll.jpg

There is a poll for my college about where would you like the next trip to go. Why on earth is Drayton 1st!? :shock:

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
"Flamingo Land has the worlds longest wooden roller coaster."

Heard that when in the queue at Leeds Fest to recycle cups. What?! All I could think of is that they got is muddled up with Lightwater Valley, and thought that The Ultimate was the worlds longest wooden rollercoaster. That was just stupid.