What's new

Strong forces, love them or hate them?

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Strong forces are amazing, especially good laterals and airtime. The only ride I've ridden that was been too much in terms of forces was Mantis with the trim off and that was only because I'd been walking around all day at CP and then went to rode it and it just massacred my legs, but was still really fun.

andrus

Giga Poster
ciallkennett said:
I was the only person who came off of Skyrush with a moan, and it wasn't about the restraints! ;) I like positive forces a lot, but the only - repeat only - ride thus far in my coaster experiences which I have found to be too intense was Skyrush. I loved the first ride during the day, but during the ERT, after about 3 rides it was making me feel a bit ill and I had to take a quick two minute rest before I continued. The rattling trains didn't help much though (and if the ride was a bit smoother I don't think I'd have felt so ill as to actually necessitate a rest).
Skyrush? Rattling? :? It might was a train issue then? Because I was totally fine! The outside seats did have the bounce/vibrations just like Furius Baco. But I found the inside seats to be perfectly smooth! I found Skyrush to be very B&M:ish all round with a great flow to the ride, nice and smooth transitions and smooth running trains :)

I don't know what to think of strong forces though. I was perfectly fine with Skyrush, and I loved I305 too! Batman was ok, but nothing too exciting. I much rather ride something with an interesting layout like Black Mamba than being bombarded with g-forces on a moderately interesting layout. But I was still fine with Batman and would ride it again if I got the chance!

Bizarro at SFGAdv thoug was way too intense for me! :? I got of the ride with a major headache and didn't enjoy it at all.. The ride just kept on going with more and more positives and didn't mix it up with any negatives or easy parts/pauses at all. And then it got the killer turn right after the mcbr wich is designed way to tight to be comfortable, probably the single most unenjoyable coaster element I've been on!

A101

Mega Poster
I enjoy strong forces, on the first time I ride. If I'm trying to do repetitive rides with low waits, or ERT, it's just too much and kills the fun.

rcjp

Roller Poster
I particularly love strong positive g forces combined with inversions but i also like ejector airtime. Batman for me is a perfect coaster as it has inversions and pulls nearly 5 Gs. I think it is a pity that many people don't enjoy them and, therefore, many parks choose to have forceless coasters instead of intense ones. For instance, most new B&M coasters aren't nearly as forceful as the older ones are.

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster
Well, as usual (being a classic I305 fanboy), I love relentless Positive G forces and then some bursts of airtime here and there. I also enjoy the huge unending airtime in the back of Griffon on the first drop!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Would I be able to play devil's advocate and say I like limp airtime and floppy launches?

bmac

Giga Poster
I don't mind them as long as I don't consistently black out on the ride. Good comparisons would be like Millennium Force being the porridge that's too cold, Nitro being the porridge that's just right, and i305 being the porridge that's too hot.

I also enjoy launches that are quick to get to the action and don't take up 1,000 feet to get up to speed (*points at TTD and KK*). I haven't ridden a compressed air launch coaster yet but so far from the types of launches I've experienced, hydraulic, LIM, and LSM, there hasn't really been much of a difference in forces.