What's new

Storyville Gardens theme park coming to Nashville, Tennessee

LooperOne

Roller Poster
A company that is legitimately going to build and actually have acquired $300M is going to be in a better location than this. I literally work in and with startups (insurtech) every single day and have made a very successful career out working with them. When you're a startup having a legitimate looking front is often one of the first things that major backers push (It's one of the first things we do with the projects we fund). It's not hard to get space or address in a building that at least looks good. What have these developers done that gives you any hint that they could be qualified to do what they're proposing? It's a big jump from developing small apartment/townhomes/tiny homes to an amusement park.

Legitimate theme parks don't hold planning sessions with vendors on stairs at IAAPA (if the vendors really value them they reserve a meeting room), they don't attend on student credentials, TMs registered to individuals and not corporations, massively poor quality video and graphics (after the original cool graphics from Storytime...their post yesterday was an old photo put through a filter with a few decorations added )...the list goes on and on. From my experience there are many flags to look for in startups that are just burning through money trying to get investors...they are hitting almost all of them.

Also...you act like it's certain the land under contract IS actually them. We don't know that. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Nothing is confirmed. But even if they get land, there's still an incredibly long way to go. If they've somehow come up with $11M to buy the land...no guarantee they have plans to get the other $290M. We've seen many other parks acquire land and fail to do anything past that. It's easy to get investors to front the money to buy the land because, worst case, it's an asset that can be liquidated. Money spent beyond land is where things get extremely difficult.

LooperOne

Roller Poster
For what it counts, back in March they enlisted a well-known developer with a proven track record, credited for the Fifth + Broadway shopping mall in Nashville; https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/03/16/pat-emery-theme-park.html
Yeah I had seen that when researching. Pat Emery is a definite + for the team, but it is curious to me that he continually refers to his involvement as a "personal investment" and at no point has Hall Emery (the company he is a partner in) been on record as being involved. They're the money and talent behind Pat so, if anything, Pat is the investor getting them the land because he knows that anything can be done with land if the rest of the funding fails.

Also interesting...this land in Lebanon, TN has actually been under contract on Loopnet since at least March 28 (see middle of this page tracking: https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/115799-storyville-gardens/page/8/). Lots of interesting details and even more skepticism reading through this forum that's been discussing this for far longer than we have.

I'm really interested in if Storyland is still involved with the project. Their initial renderings and involvement gave me some hope (but...they do a ton of speculative work for their portfolio) but the video from this week was definitely not from them (or they have seriously reduced their production values...).

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Yeah they’ve already removed said video. Very curious indeed, especially since the teaser posts leading up to it are still intact;
7380E685-97EA-4421-A907-2577BEBF38A3.jpeg

Natti_Amusements

Roller Poster
Hi Guys I’m New Here…

So I’ve Been Following This Project for over Six months now, and I do know this project is legit, however this new B&M stuff is looking to be a bit amateurish. I remember reading documents and articles that confirm they have all $300 mil from investors (they wrapped up in May I think), but when it comes to their marketing on social media, it’s all a-bit of a shambles, with all their post being pointless or low quality. When I comes to the B&M invert though, I was really surprised after seeing the video, cause this is supposedly a family park, and the Batman clone pick just confirms that the coaster announcement was fake/just to gain attention. The funny thing is, that in the birds-eye-view rendering I remember seeing what looked like a vekoma SFC, themed to dragons or something, and the fact that is was taken about on Insta & Facebook, probs just means they weren’t expecting to get any attention by copying a B&M pic and posting it (which is pretty dumb), but project is still real.

LooperOne

Roller Poster
Are you the same username talking about this on urban planet? You haven’t ever shown or talked about all that info there so why now?

Natti_Amusements

Roller Poster
Are you the same username talking about this on urban planet? You haven’t ever shown or talked about all that info there so why now?
I have been talking about this briefly within the past 24 - 48 hours if had looked, but that page has mostly been about the location of the park, so the weird B&M video has only been talked about shortly there.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
I don't think we should dismiss this. In the end, if this actually happens us enthusiasts will benefit from it. Let's be supportive and hope that it gets through. If it doesn't happen, then atleast these developers tried. Going around trashing the project is just sad.
Yep, been very disappointed with how this project has been treated so far.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Hi Guys I’m New Here…

So I’ve Been Following This Project for over Six months now, and I do know this project is legit, however this new B&M stuff is looking to be a bit amateurish. I remember reading documents and articles that confirm they have all $300 mil from investors (they wrapped up in May I think), but when it comes to their marketing on social media, it’s all a-bit of a shambles, with all their post being pointless or low quality. When I comes to the B&M invert though, I was really surprised after seeing the video, cause this is supposedly a family park, and the Batman clone pick just confirms that the coaster announcement was fake/just to gain attention. The funny thing is, that in the birds-eye-view rendering I remember seeing what looked like a vekoma SFC, themed to dragons or something, and the fact that is was taken about on Insta & Facebook, probs just means they weren’t expecting to get any attention by copying a B&M pic and posting it (which is pretty dumb), but project is still real.
I wouldn't say the project is fake at all, because the video is still on their Twitter account.

@TPoseOnTantrum just a heads up on that.

A B&M (normal) invert for a family park is wild though. I hope it's just Instagram chicanery as to why the Insta video is down.

Ethan

Strata Poster
They really pulled a 'Disney Galactic Starcruiser' on us, huh. Build up the hype and kill off 90% of it with each new promo video... Works every time!

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
All of your questions, asked here 🤣

Attachments

• 58305188-47F4-4D90-A8D4-1BA39CC8EFE3.jpeg
    58305188-47F4-4D90-A8D4-1BA39CC8EFE3.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 68
  • AE3520AB-1DAA-44D8-AA04-3B1FABE180C3.jpeg
    AE3520AB-1DAA-44D8-AA04-3B1FABE180C3.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 4E5B38A9-CD69-40E5-83FD-34536C41051F.jpeg
    4E5B38A9-CD69-40E5-83FD-34536C41051F.jpeg