What's new

Steak?

how??

• Still mooing, no steak for me!

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • still mooing as I stick the fork in (mwahahahah)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rare

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • medium rare

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • medium

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • medium well

• well done

• burnt to a cinder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
gavin said:
I don't really eat it much, but when I do, it has to be well done. Yeah, I know it's not supposed to taste as good that way, but I couldn't give a flying ****. That's how I like it, so you food snobs can piss off.
I like my steak Medium, but you're dead right here. It drives me nuts how people seem to think they know best when it comes to cooking steak. You should eat the food how you like to eat the food, and that's the end of it.

Medium is the best balance for me. Too rare and I don't actually think it tastes very good (I struggle to taste the seasoning and flavour of the meat), but too well done and it's a bit too leathery. Medium has that just about right for me.

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
It must be as rare as possible without being unsafe. I pull mine off the grill at exactly 120 degrees Fahrenheit (sorry, US scrub here).

If you want yours a different way, fine. If I catch you putting ketchup on your steak, you lose your steak privileges.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Mmm, steak.

Depends on the cut of the steak. Fillet and rib-eye tend to be better when on the rarer end of the scale. Rump and sirloin need a bit more charring.

I recently had something called a cryo-steak. Fillet steak cooked medium rare, then dipped in freezing water til ice crystals form on the surface and then... get this... deep fried in bacon fat! The ice reacts with the hot fat giving the steak a crispy, bubbly surface but still pink n juicy in the middle.
And it was awesommmmmme!!

witchfinder

Giga Poster
Medium Well for me. Not a fan of blood, generally... I don't tend to eat steak a lot though as I find it kinda boring compared to something with a good sauce!

My steak preference has changed since my last post. I am more of a rare or between rare and blue type gal now, even though my stomach suffers after and I'll probably die an early death because of it.