What's new

Son of Beast to be dismantled for further development.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
IntaminToWin said:
They should replace SOB with a Rocky Mountain ride of similar design/layout...complete with the loop.
If they replace it with anything that isn't 200ft AND (at least sort of) wooden, they've been stupid in my eyes.

Why not just put on the RMC topper? It'd be a pretty sweet ride as is, if only it was smooth.
Could've added those 95 degree banks and such but with all the issues and years of neglect probably best to replace it with something completely new.

Ah well. Another woody would be sweet buuuut as mentioned above that's pretty silly to imagine :lol:
A giga would be awesome.
Maybe we can finally have our 100 mph traditional coaster?

...I can dream...

Colossus

Giga Poster
I really could not give a monkeys what they replace it with.

This result is a sad face situation for me, I really wanted to experience SoB, so it saddens me that it will be torn down, not that I didn't see it coming, I have been living in denial that this day would never come and know that it has I`m going to sit in a corner and sulk.

Intricks

Strata Poster
JJLehto said:
IntaminToWin said:
They should replace SOB with a Rocky Mountain ride of similar design/layout...complete with the loop.
If they replace it with anything that isn't 200ft AND (at least sort of) wooden, they've been stupid in my eyes.

Why not just put on the RMC topper? It'd be a pretty sweet ride as is, if only it was smooth.
Could've added those 95 degree banks and such but with all the issues and years of neglect probably best to replace it with something completely new.

Ah well. Another woody would be sweet buuuut as mentioned above that's pretty silly to imagine :lol:
A giga would be awesome.
Maybe we can finally have our 100 mph traditional coaster?

...I can dream...

Yea...lets not forget that the entire support structure would need to be redone everywhere on it. Easier to just tear down, forget it ever existed and then wait to see what they build there as a whole.

sparky2u

Mega Poster
I rode SOB back in July 2000 & it was very rough then, I knew that layout was not going to last years, The loop was amazing & its a shame KI had to remove it. Roll on 2013 / 14 season for something new.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I wasn't sure but there IS a crap ton of land and green around SoB, as well as the space it occupies, a giga could easily be fit in there!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I can't wait to see them start tearing this thing down. They could probably fit something like Intimidator 305 in there. I actually had a dream once that they tore it down and put in a clone of Millennium Force in its place. I bet it changes the skyline drastically, too.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
Actually, what would be fantastic would be a really really long ride. I'm talking multi launch, 9000+ feet of track, blitz-style layout. If the park had the length record for wood AND steel?

Heck, they can fit a whole new park area in there...that's an effing lot of space.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
IntaminToWin said:
Actually, what would be fantastic would be a really really long ride. I'm talking multi launch, 9000+ feet of track, blitz-style layout. If the park had the length record for wood AND steel?

Heck, they can fit a whole new park area in there...that's an effing lot of space.

Sounds like something I'd like make in RCT when I was 10.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
Pieman said:
IntaminToWin said:

Sounds like something I'd like make in RCT when I was 10.

But they don't have multi-launch OR most Intamin rides in RCT. :p It's not really a realistic idea, just a fantasy.

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster
I would like to see the park get an Intamin..or a non-mega/hyper B&M....KI could possibly get something brand new like a B&M launcher or 4D..2014 is a ways away. I am assuming that is when this new attraction could be unvieled..

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Sorry, I have yet to record my initial reaction to the dismantling of SoB.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjjZGyYcH9E[/youtube]

Ahhh, so satisfying.

Alright, to the topic at hand, let me iterate how much land KI has behind SoB. As in, a lot. As in, a **** ton. As in, you have no idea how much property KI actually sits on.

That being established, a massive steel is a safe bet on a new roller coaster addition - or even an entirely new section of the park to help bridge the Action Zone and Coney Mall sections of the park, which are very segmented.

300 ft. Giga, multi launch Intamin, B&M Wingrider - everything is on the table.

The same as White Water Landing's removal for Maverick at Cedar Point, only time will tell what the future holds.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Son of Beast to be dismantled for further developmen

Whatever they build, dont expect it to overshadow anything at the park a few hours north.
Sent from my throne

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster
Personally, I think they will invest in something VERY thrilling and VERY big considering that they have a good foundation in family/kid rides...im thinking 300+ feet for whatever's coming. Having 4 gigas (CP, KD, KI and Canada's Wonderland) in such a close proximity would be pretty awesome IMO

Intricks

Strata Poster
When did Diamondback gain an extra 50 feet of height?

Yea.....I dont see something like that happening in that spot. You can easily build a whole new section of park there, or a few fab coasters that are all terrain.

bmac

Giga Poster
Intricks said:
When did Diamondback gain an extra 50 feet of height?

Yea.....I dont see something like that happening in that spot. You can easily build a whole new section of park there, or a few fab coasters that are all terrain.

King's Island has only developed about 40% of their property. Son of Beast takes up about 6-8% of it. King's Island also hasn't painted themselves into a corner like King's Dominion did, so I'd just love to see what they'll do with all that untapped land. Let's just hope they don't go back to the risk taking they did that got them into the SoB mess in the first place.

Snoo

The Legend
^^He was stating that if they built a Giga.. they'd have 4 of the 5 in existence in Cedar Fair.