What's new

SOB SBNO?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
pkiknex25 said:
I've ridden both back seat and front seat this season. The back was the worst experience possible. But the front was the best experience I've had on it (since the loop removal). The front is seriously worth the extra 10 minutes.
I'll give you that, the front seat is the "smoothest" ride offered on SoB, but it still is a god awful ride.

Homer

Hyper Poster
I'll give SOB this, it's better than Gwazi. Now for my typical tasteless pop culture humor post;

tvpuppetpals.jpg

Hey Puppet Pal Cliff, what ride knocks people out?
I don't know Puppet Pal Mitch, what?

Son of Bonk.

A

Anonymous

I personally like Son of Beast. Us Kings Islanders know that our rides our bumpy, but we still ride them because they are fun, and we got used to them. It's a good ride, while it may be bumpy. I do not understand the "it hurts so I won't ride it" excuse. It just gives me the impression of "I'm going to conform with everyone else that says this rather than making the decision myself".

Rush

Giga Poster
Well you wouldn't exactly want to queue up for a concussion, so yes I wouldn't queue up for rides I find painful, if I did, there would have to be a special reason.

A

Anonymous

Top Thrill Dragster can give you a concussion, yet many people like it.

Snoo

The Legend
^Thats if you are an idiot and lean your head forward and let the launch throw you back.

But that recording says keep your arms down, head back.. and touch yourself.

:p

SoB make you die in whatever seat you are in, regardless of how you sit, and if you can't feel pain.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
You guys are exaggerating. The ride isn't THAT bad. Yes, it's terrible to some of the gems that we've been on, but man up and ride it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
guitarkevin4life said:
I personally like Son of Beast. Us Kings Islanders know that our rides our bumpy, but we still ride them because they are fun, and we got used to them. It's a good ride, while it may be bumpy. I do not understand the "it hurts so I won't ride it" excuse. It just gives me the impression of "I'm going to conform with everyone else that says this rather than making the decision myself".
I go to school in Cincinnati and have ridden Son of Beast several times at different points in the train.

It is the roughest ride I have ever ridden. Worse than Villain, worse than Manhattan Express. There is not one turn during the ride that does not literally shake my entire body to the point of pain. After each ride I had a definite headache, one time even having to go lay out in the car for a couple hours to help recoup.

I have decided that physical contortion during a roller coaster ride is not good, which is why Son of Beast is horrible in my estimation. It is no surprise that it is voted the third worst roller coaster on Mitch Hawker's poll.

http://www.ushsho.com/detailedwoodrolle ... ts2008.htm

Marc, I'm not one to complain about rough roller coasters. There are only two select coasters which I think are beyond the point of enjoyment because they are so rough, Son of Beast being one of those two.

It's a terrible ride, and though it looks good, it's a total waste of space.

A

Anonymous

rollerdude said:
You guys are exaggerating. The ride isn't THAT bad. Yes, it's terrible to some of the gems that we've been on, but man up and ride it.

Thank you very much. I don't think it's even that bad. I like it. If over two weeks went by after the lady was "injured" and nobody else was, I don't think there was a malfunction in the ride. She most likely has a medical condition, and should not have ridden in the first place. I too live about 10 minutes from KI, probably ridden SoB around 100 times, and I have never experienced pain after I rode Son of Beast. Maybe on the ride yes, but none afterwards. Good job summing it up, rollerdude.

Snoo

The Legend
guitarkevin4life said:
rollerdude said:

Thank you very much. I don't think it's even that bad. I like it. If over two weeks went by after the lady was "injured" and nobody else was, I don't think there was a malfunction in the ride. She most likely has a medical condition, and should not have ridden in the first place. I too live about 10 minutes from KI, probably ridden SoB around 100 times, and I have never experienced pain after I rode Son of Beast. Maybe on the ride yes, but none afterwards. Good job summing it up, rollerdude.

I think I felt a touch of fanboy in that.

I've ridden SoB at least a dozen times and not ONE time did I not feel like I got donkey punched by a drunken sailor.

Also, what Pierre said.

^ I don't even think I would ride it again if I went, to be honest :p . It gave me a headache, and the last time a coaster did that was like, the first time I rode a Vekoma SLC, and I don't even really consider those rough.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I have never experienced pain after I rode Son of Beast. Maybe on the ride yes, but none afterwards.
You shouldn't experience pain on a roller coaster regardless. Hence why SoB is one of the worst wooden roller coasters.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I would go as far to say that SoB is the worst woodie, at least that I have ridden. As far as the most pain inflicting coaster I have ridden, well that honor (if you can call it that) goes to Viper. Not even SoB comes close to that mother
icon_censored.gif
er.