What's new

SOB SBNO?

Dave

CF Legend
Its the same when people die of a heart attack on a ride and they have a undetected heart problem, they family can't sue because the signs state its a thrilling ride and people with heart problems shouldn't ride, yes its different but the same sort of rules apply.

Plus it may of not of neccescarily been Son of Beast. Other rides could've done it, SoB could've made it worse.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
I mean, its not like there aren't any warning signs. There are signs all over the damn place. She should have known not to ride it. What gets me though is that my mom has had brain surgery [that could have killed her] and she rides every ride I ride, and this woman had problems after one (or more) ride(s) on a roller coaster. That is why I dont think that it was the coaster that did this to her.

It might have, but I doubt it.

Snoo

The Legend
rollerdude said:
^If that's the case, then it's still rider error.

If the ride CAUSED the problem, something which wasn't there in the first place, how is it rider error?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
If she had a problem *and knew about it*, which is starting to sound like the truth, then she should've heeded the warnings. It would be her fault for getting on the ride in the first place.

On the other hand, if the ride caused the problem, like you said, it wouldn't be the same case.

If the ride CAUSED the problem, something which wasn't there in the first place, how is it rider error?

It wouldn't be, but can you honestly say you actually believe Son of Beast, though being rough, could cause head damage as bad as putting someone in the ICU? It's bad, but I think it probably caused an existing medical problem to worsen, rather than creating a problem from nothing.

Snoo

The Legend
Yes, I do think it is possible. For someone with an unknown problem, at a certain age, this could definitely happen.

The pressure on the brain (IMO) could without a doubt do that to a human being.

pkiknex25

Mega Poster
^For a long amount of time with high stress at an older age, yes. But I definitely don't think the stress of a roller coaster for 3 minutes could do that without a previous condition.

Yes, I do think it is possible. For someone with an unknown problem, at a certain age, this could definitely happen.

That's what I meant though, I meant I doubt it's possible that Son of Beast could have CREATED a problem like this if she had no unknown, existing problems. Like, say she was in 100% fine health, no problems whatsoever, and then rode it, I don't think it's possible that such a major health problem could form from scratch on this ride.

I don't know if you get it now but hopefully :p It made sense to me.. I'm just bad at explaining.

Snoo

The Legend
pkiknex25 said:
^For a long amount of time with high stress at an older age, yes. But I definitely don't think the stress of a roller coaster for 3 minutes could do that without a previous condition.

How? If someone in shape with no problems like myself, not counting the other people on this site, who complain of headaches for a long period after riding, can feel like absolute bull testicles after riding.

An older woman, who might have an unknown problem, plus the age she might be?

Hell, sex has been known to cause blood vessel bursts.. and the pressure on the brain during sex isn't near as bad as SoB.

Your damn right it is possible.

pkiknex25

Mega Poster
So you're saying its possible for a blood vessel to break from a roller coaster without any previous (known or unknown) medical condition?

I'm not saying this isn't possible, I'm saying it's unlikely with a condition.

Snoo

The Legend
Basically.

Hell, if you can burst a blood vessel in your eye from farting too hard, Son of Beast? Easy.

Well whatever, either way, whatevs. I don't care whether the coaster is closed or not :p .

And Marcus.. Why did I just get a funny vision of you trying to push out a fart and then bursting a vessel in your eye, haha. I wouldn't even be surprised if that happened to you with the amount you.. Flatulated :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The ride probably wouldn't close and be demolished due to this. Remember when the woman had a heart attack right next door on Flight Deck a few years ago?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
From what I remember, she did. It was a couple years ago though. Maybe in 2004 or 2005? The ride was still called Top Gun.

Snoo

The Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
And Marcus.. Why did I just get a funny vision of you trying to push out a fart and then bursting a vessel in your eye, haha. I wouldn't even be surprised if that happened to you with the amount you.. Flatulated :p

I have before, but I forget what it was from.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
rollerdude said:
The ride probably wouldn't close and be demolished due to this. Remember when the woman had a heart attack right next door on Flight Deck a few years ago?
No, the most likely cause of removal would be to free up land for future expansion.

No use in wasting your money on deconstruction if you are not going to use the land.