What's new

SOB SBNO?

A

Anonymous

Hyde244 said:
rollerdude said:
The ride probably wouldn't close and be demolished due to this. Remember when the woman had a heart attack right next door on Flight Deck a few years ago?
No, the most likely cause of removal would be to free up land for future expansion.

No use in wasting your money on deconstruction if you are not going to use the land.

I can easily see the Crypt leaving this year. Who knows what they'll put in that building...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^There's really nothing that could fill that space unless they clear a lot of space for another coaster. They wouldn't do that though.

Son of Beast, on the other hand, sits on a large piece of land. I actually wouldn't mind if they removed it and put something else there.

A

Anonymous

It could start indoors, then venture outdoors, you know like Saw or Mystery Mine. Come to think of it, I would very much like to see a Euro Fighter. Maybe in a few years...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
So does anyone actually seriously know what's happening to it, since all the topics on all the forums seem to consist of arguements about it being crap or not, and what should replace it even though KI haven't made any form of announcement about it going...

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
guitarkevin4life said:
It could start indoors, then venture outdoors, you know like Saw or Mystery Mine. Come to think of it, I would very much like to see a Euro Fighter. Maybe in a few years...

well, read this

ScreamScape.com said:
We've heard that Silver Dollar City may be considering the addition of their own themed Gerstlauer Eurofighter coaster, inspired by the positive guest response to Dollywood's Mystery Mine.
source: http://screamscape.com/html/silver_dollar_city.htm

Yes it is old news, but at least someone is looking at a Gerstlauer. But I doubt that KI would replace SOB, with that massive footprint, with a Gerstlauer Eurofighter, that has an incredibly small footprint.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ And an addition of a Eurofighter to Silver Dollar City has what significance to Son of Beast or Kings Island?

That guy who I had quoted on the other page brought it up, I was just saying there is no way that KI would install one

Snoo

The Legend
Taylor is defensive of Son of Beast, as it was quite the positive experience. :p

But I doubt you'd see a EF at any of the major Cedar Fair parks.. with the low capacity and all.. ect ect.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
The wooden roller coaster will remain closed this Fourth of July weekend, according to the Ohio Department of Agriculture’s Amusement Ride Safety Division, which is investigating whether the 8-year-old ride caused an injury that burst a blood vessel in a woman’s brain on May 31.

Details on the inspection will not be released until the investigation – which includes a bolt-by-bolt check of the ride, operator interviews and other time-consuming steps – is finished, ODA officials said.

• Photos: Son of Beast
• Details: Son of Beast
• Take our Kings Island quiz
• Photos: 30 years of The Beast

“It sounds trite to say it takes the time it takes, but that’s the case,” said ODA’s Chief Legal Counsel, Bill Hopper said. “The key is that before it operates again, that the owner has put the time and effort to ensure that the ride is as safe as it can possibly be.”

On June 16, Kings Island learned that a 39-year-old woman was admitted to a hospital intensive care unit after she said she was injured on the ride May 31.

Kings Island contacted ODA Amusement Ride Safety Division Chief Gary Hill the day the injury was reported to the park, Hill said.

Source- http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009 ... ill+closed

A

Anonymous

monkeyonatable said:
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ And an addition of a Eurofighter to Silver Dollar City has what significance to Son of Beast or Kings Island?

That guy who I had quoted on the other page brought it up, I was just saying there is no way that KI would install one

I wasn't talking about replacing SOB with it. In fact, I don't see another coaster for at least 3 years.

A

Anonymous

Oh and by the way, I have ridden Mean Streak twice now. The first time I rode, it wasn't too bad. This was in the second seat. The second time I rode it was in the back. AWFUL idea. My dad described it as going inside a giant blender while being shot in the stomach with a pressure washer. It was easily about 2 times as bad as SoB. And I will admit that SoB is rough.

-Kevin, waiting for all of the opposing replies.

Snoo

The Legend
Had it had the loop.. I'd say you missed something NI.. but.. you didn't. Thank god you missed the headache. ;)

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Down for the season? IF you ask me, having a 218' tall wooden structure standing in your park, NOT RUNNING, can be more of a bad thing than a good thing.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It might be down for more than just the season. When asked about purchasing SOB merch yesterday an employee said: "No it's not out right now, but in a couple of days I know we're having a huge SOB blowout sale." So is this the end for the worlds tallest & fastest wooden coaster?!!