What's new

So.... is "she" really a she or a he?

"It" is a...

• man!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • woman!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, Ciall is quite right, it has been on the news and stuff today. Apparantly he/she has testes up there instead of ovaries or something like that, and has elevated levels of testosterone. I feel bad for him/her because she can't help it, and though they probably won't take the medals away (or so I heard), what will he/she ever compete in from now on?

I feel bad though.

(S)he certainly looks more like a man. What I really don't like about today's sport world with the various (often borderline) medical possibilities etc. is that: you can do so much with hormones, and frankly I wouldn't want to see more and more women take (male) hormones just to be able to be faster and get better results. It's sort of sad, and in a way I think that's going too far... well, of course people can do what they want...

She is not a hermaphrodite. Sounds like she is intersex. It is not the same thing. A hermaphrodite has fully functioning reproductive organs of both sexes, and it's beyond rare. I don't actually know if it's EVER been recorded in humans.

Seems like the external genitalia of this person is female, but they have internal testes which is what's producing the masculine appearance. She's been brought up female because, externally at birth, that's what she appeared to be. So she is female.

However, she should not be allowed to compete, because she has an edge over females from elevated testosterone levels which are being caused by internal testes.

Elevated levels of testosterone in females or estrogen in males isn't uncommon. It's usually because of cysts in females, and in males reduced levels of testosterone. Often estrogen in foods or water supply are to blame.

They dealt with this in such a disgusting way.

Well, when you win a gold at the World Championships, and questions are raised (much like some Chinese at the Olympics), the media will have a field day.

But I do agree.. that would be beyond embarrassing.

Well, if she is able to run in the future, I think they should put her with the guys because then she won't have an unfair advantage. She'll be disadvantaged, but at least she'll still be able to do something she likes.

I'd feel mortified if this happened to me really, I feel very sorry.

I think she was taking the piss and was well aware of it, so I'm not sorry for her at all.

The average man couldn't compete in the women's Olympics, so she's still outstanding. But there isn't, unfortunately, a place for her to compete. They'd have to set up a whole new criteria, and there simply isn't enough people who'd run in it.

She is technically more female then male, and I doubt she wouldn't compete on my own team if she were to run with guys, but who knows what they could do with her.

Obviously, as mentioned, she does have an unfair advantage which no women can take advantage of legally.. so who knows what they will do.

So she is actualy a shim!

Speaking of shims, Lady Gaga anyone? There was this little incident at Glastonbury, Youtube it if you have not seen it yet. Suffice to say, 'something' falls out!

That's why I love Lady Gaga, despite getting a bit sick of her at the same time.

She's taking the piss out of the rumours that have been going around, "accidentally" showing her cock and then pushing her tits up right after. Great stuff. I think it would be awesome if she did turn out to be a bloke, but it won't happen. There are plenty of pictures floating about of her as a kid/teenager, and she's blatantly always been a girl.

Lady Gaga - Yuk! I wouldn't touch her with hers.

I wouldnt even before this came along. Id always thought she was a man. A close shave, some clever taping, computer trickery would hide it away in videos.