What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Niles

Giga Poster
Bayern Park that opened the Gerstlauer Family Launch Coaster earlier this year have opened their new entrance, there is still a bit to do but some great additions to this park this year, I think the entrance looks very good.

363981890_6716765741678099_8145411941692753227_n.jpg
363939736_6716765828344757_7750201864342418148_n.jpg
Source

Marsden10002

Roller Poster
Interestingly, according to Diary of a RollerCoaster Girl, Speed at Oakwood is midway through being repainted. The supports are being repainted black, with the track seemingly remaining orange, and the second phase of the repaint will be completed for the 2024 season:
The new paint job looks snazzy! I’m glad to see that things really seem to be looking up for Oakwood, what with Megafobia’s retrack, Speed being repainted, and some kind of alleged new ride investment on the way!

On a side note, Drenched is also closed for the remainder of the season due to some kind of restraint issue according to Oakwood’s website.
I'm going today but Speed needed a full retrack last year rather than a re paint. It's the only coaster I've never re ridden as I was worried my neck was going to snap 👀

Christian

Hyper Poster
Just saw this Jinma rides Google ad in a news article. First time I get shown an ad from a coaster manufacturer. Are Jinma trying to push the European market by buying Google ads? Seems pretty desperate to me, wonder where this leads. Has this happened to anyone else?

1690975057018.png

Edit: Got another one

1690975189853.png

Edit 2: And another one. Almost everywhere I look Google puts Jinma ads.

1690975283108.png

Edit 3: I'll stop sharing them but I got yet more of them. Seems like pretty agressive ad targeting to me. Wonder if it pays off and we will start seeing Jinma coasters in the west.

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Just saw this Jinma rides Google ad in a news article. First time I get shown an ad from a coaster manufacturer. Are Jinma trying to push the European market by buying Google ads? Seems pretty desperate to me, wonder where this leads. Has this happened to anyone else?

View attachment 26026

View attachment 26027

View attachment 26028

Edit 3: I'll stop sharing them but I got yet more of them. Seems like pretty agressive ad targeting to me. Wonder if it pays off and we will start seeing Jinma coasters in the west.
Ive had these pop up for months, even within some mobile puzzle games I play. It's always Google ads so I just assume Jinma put an advert in with Google and thanks to our search patterns and browsing habits the algorithm assumes we are the target audience. I've seen Zamperla pop up before too. 🤷

The odd thing is that in Europe Jinma don't trade as Jinma they trade under the Noble Rides brand so I'm not sure what the point in these is.

Marsden10002

Roller Poster

View attachment 26026

View attachment 26027

View attachment 26028

Nice B&M copy right there

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Kennywood has temporarily closed Steel Curtain, which just reopened on July 15th, to undergo maintenance. No information has been released on the ride's reopening date.

Source

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I just spotted how much Disney have increased prices for Genie+

hdd72qh.jpg

This was around $15 a day in 2022 - what the heck! Disney really are taking the Mickey…

Edit - apparently this might be seasonal surge pricing? Regardless, mad dollar.

Last edited: