What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Niles

Giga Poster
I've heard some talk that its fake, idk. Complete CGI. Not sure whether this is a good coverup or not.
Yea looks like it’s fake, wondered if it was as there people at the end not watching the finale stunt, but seeing a news article about it made me believe it. Looking around more there are news stories sayings it all CGI, so dang they got me 😓 sorry.

CoasterJoe

Roller Poster
Yea looks like it’s fake, wondered if it was as there people at the end not watching the finale stunt, but seeing a news article about it made me believe it. Looking around more there are news stories sayings it all CGI, so dang they got me 😓 sorry.
The content creator who made the video says its fake, He will do a break down video on how he did the CGI

JoshC.

Strata Poster
"Mum, can we have Flucht von Novogrod"
"No, we have Flucht von Novogrod at home"
*Flucht von Novogrod at home...*

But seriously, that's pretty damn impressive! It's hard to tell exactly from the video, but that launch looks surprisingly punchy too

Leon

Roller Poster
IS it just me that is blown away by this ? do you no what is really sad if that was open at a park in the uk that would probably be a top 10 uk coaster just for charm alone but that launch looks terrifying i love it .

cookie

Giga Poster
I feel like the Rocking Boat is something I most want to see either Universal or Disney take a stab at, but I’m intrigued to see what Futuroscope can pull off nonetheless.

cookie

Giga Poster
This has been a thing for a few weeks already, but now all of Plopsaland De Panne will be open year-round during weekends, Wednesdays, and holidays. All rides will be operating, weather and temperature permitting (Ride to Happiness for example will be running as long as it's no less than 5 degrees Celsius outside). The indoor areas are currently closed due to covid restrictions but are set to re-open by next weekend, and will be open 365 days a year going forward bar the occasional private event.

Last edited:

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I can't remember if this has been discussed before, but Futuroscope are getting a 'Rocking boat' log flume-like from Mack in 2024:

Looks really cool; hopefully the level of theming and detail matches the concept!

Edit: A reminder of the Rocking Boat system for anyone who's forgotten / is unaware:

Could this be moved to 'other rides' construction thread? looks a pretty large and legit project!