What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Fire Chief is asking the state to come in. It’s Arson.
I love that they clearly describe park staff as burning scrap wood right next to the ride. 😅

So sad that the coaster had to not only succumb to such horrible management, to the literal bitter end.

Also, just realized this makes Cyclone at Lakeside Park the only remaining Edward Vettel coaster in existence.

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh wow... I was clearly wrong there! I never thought any park owner would purposefully burn down a ride... the owner of Conneaut Lake must have really despised Blue Streak.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Owner is a slumking out of Philly who is planning on wrecking the park because it's driving down his property values. He hates the park in general, not just Blue Streak.
Oh no, not the property values! Smfh. Greed runs everything these days I suppose.

cookie

Giga Poster
Sounds like De Valkenier in the Netherlands is gone for good. The park's website has been removed and their Facebook page has been taken down also. The park was already in danger of shutting down due to housing proposals in the area, but the heavy damage it sustained from the floods this past summer appears to have sealed its fate.

Sounds like the Wacky Worm at least is going to De Waarbeek (the tiny park in the Netherlands known for having the oldest operating steel coaster in the world).

JoshC.

Strata Poster
A new FEC park is set to open in southern Germany later this month: Flipped Funpark

Looks like it's got quite a big steampunk theme, and that they'll be opening some sort of spinning wild mouse as their first cred next year.

In the more northern / western parts of Germany, there's the Karls Strawberry Farm FECs, which have had a reasonable level of success and growing nicely. Will be interesting to see how a steampunk-themed FEC does in the opposite side of the country as a result.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Toverland are upgrading their log flume, with lots more theming, effects, story and a new queue line, plus some other fun extra features:

BH_Zork_Birdseye_High-resolution.jpg

The park are posting updates on their social media showing the work. Pretty neat seeing the flume partially deconstructed (though I think that's just the UK enthusiast in me who's just happy to see a log flume receive love):

The park are also providing a storyline to accompany the work, which is fun: