What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It would appear that ART Engineering now offers some form of family wooden/hybrid coaster: https://artengineering.de/en/produkte/attraktionen/achterbahnen/family-wooden-coaster/

They call it “family wooden coaster”, but state that it has steel track… I’m not sure whether I’d call it a wooden coaster or a hybrid, personally. The steel track pushes me towards hybrid, but the manufacturer calling it a wooden coaster makes it a grey area for me…

Could we see any parks snap one of these up?
That's literally just their normal family coaster track but with wooden supports. Basically a mine train, so it's a steel hybrid.

It would appear that ART Engineering now offers some form of family wooden/hybrid coaster: https://artengineering.de/en/produkte/attraktionen/achterbahnen/family-wooden-coaster/

They call it “family wooden coaster”, but state that it has steel track… I’m not sure whether I’d call it a wooden coaster or a hybrid, personally. The steel track pushes me towards hybrid, but the manufacturer calling it a wooden coaster makes it a grey area for me…

Could we see any parks snap one of these up?
I've a gut feeling Alabama Adventure could announce this... Seems like their type of ride

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
You probably already know this… But I just spotted Lightning from Kuwait Entertainment City for sale on Interlink…

Only reason I mention it is because the have it listed as a ‘Travelling Model.’

Are all of these clones travelling models or just this one?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
You probably already know this… But I just spotted Lightning from Kuwait Entertainment City for sale on Interlink…

Only reason I mention it is because the have it listed as a ‘Travelling Model.’

Are all of these clones travelling models or just this one?

It's going to Kentucky Kingdom in 2022:

Enjoy that madness. ;)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It's going to Kentucky Kingdom in 2022:

Enjoy that madness. ;)
Thanks for that… I assume he’s no longer with us? 🙈

Still wondering why it’s listed as a ‘travelling model’ and whether all Batman clones are travelling models…

In hindsight, this is the wrong thread for questions like that, but in my defence, when I posted, I wasn’t aware it had been spoken about here so much before! Sawwy

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Still wondering why it’s listed as a ‘travelling model’ and whether all Batman clones are travelling models…
I don't know the answer to this properly, but I'm not aware that B&M built any of the Batman clones to be portable. That said, any coaster is a travelling coaster if you rebuild the footers and have the right size socket wrench, right? ;)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I don't know the answer to this properly, but I'm not aware that B&M built any of the Batman clones to be portable. That said, any coaster is a travelling coaster if you rebuild the footers and have the right size socket wrench, right? ;)
This was my line of thinking… Most of the clones are flat land / car park coasters right? So could they in theory be adapted to travel?

The problem I see is the supports… They’re gigantic. The amount of trucks needed to transport it would be beyond ridiculous… Surely?

Are interlink maybe just pushing their luck here and appealing to a broader audience, given they seem to have a lot of success selling coasters to the travelling circuit.

Or is it really plausible that this thing could travel?

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
I assume he’s no longer with us?
He better not be with us or someone up top has made a horrible mistake.
In other news, someone who has been at Great Adventure (sorry, no photos and a private source) has spotted that Cyborg Cyber Spin's restraints have been removed. There is a rumor that it and Harley Quinn Spinsanity in Texas were failures for Six Flags and they are to be removed.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Oh I really hope so. The Rapids weren't even open when I last visited (Scarefest) which is a shame as I genuinely love them. The lack of Waterfalls the past few seasons has been a real sore though.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Have to wonder if they start to poke around the US a little more. I would be at least intrigued by something like a Merlin owned Lake Winne.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I can't lie, I honestly wouldn't be opposed to Merlin purchasing either Flamingoland or LWV. Hopefully they would bring those parks to a respectable standard.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
It was heavily rumoured after blackfish that they were interested in purchasing some of the Sea World parks. It's also not unheard of in the companies more recent history, with the purchase & re-development of Cypress Gardens into a Legoland. Considering the company is truly a global powerhouse, I'd be surprised if they're talking exclusively about the UK market here.

For a while it was suggested that Merlin saw their resorts more as burdens (with the exception of Legoland), as they managed to pick up a trend of cheaply developing their midway attractions, like the Dungeons, Madame Tussauds etc. Happy to hear if this era of their portfolio development is coming to an end, I hope this means they'll pay more care and attention to their existing portfolio in terms of longevity of investments and general upkeep and can carry that attitude on into any new investments they make (although I know that'll only happen when pigs start flying)...