What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

cookie

Giga Poster
I feel like ending your call to action by calling your opponent 'mentally insane' may not paint you and your movement in the best light in this particular instance, but what do I know...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I feel like ending your call to action by calling your opponent 'mentally insane' may not paint you and your movement in the best light in this particular instance?

But what do I know?
And actively threatening them!

I didn't think Conneat Lake was up to much, and I've got the creds, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Trip report from a while back below - best thing there was the scooters and some of those on that trip (@Snoo, @Error, @Hyde, @Antinos, @pkiknex25, @Youngster Joey) may remember our day there.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

I didn't think Conneat Lake was up to much, and I've got the creds, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Trip report from a while back below - best thing there was the scooters and some of those on that trip (@Snoo, @Error, @Hyde, @Antinos, @pkiknex25, @Youngster Joey) may remember our day there.
I try to actively block out Conneaut Lake from my memory. 😅

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

The ONLY redeeming quality of that particular visit was the 7 minute rust filled flying scooter cycle with the op encouraging all of us to snap them 😂

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Six Flags have ordered a third train for Iron Rattler:-
Most likely this train will be used as a spare when one of the other trains is in maintenance so 2 train operations can still occur, as the ride is not capable of running 3 trains simultaneously currently. What's also interesting is that Six Flags seem to be working with Gerstlauer again (albeit in a not so interesting way).

I'm really liking what the new CEO has done so far; adding a turntable to Aquaman PW, building a B&M dive in the same park that also has a spare 4th train and now this, not to mention the upgrades they have also done to Poltergeist. It's clear they are putting guest experience as a priority (at least at the Texas parks anyway) which is a huge positive.

EDIT:- New Poltergeist POV which also shows off the new queue, looks nice!

Last edited:

Dar

Hyper Poster
I wonder if the rotation along the long axis is that slow for engineering reasons or to avoid swinging people through the other carriage's vom streams?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm starting to wonder if one of the reasons I don't feel like this (and a Disk-o) are creds is that very repetitive backwards and forwards they do, powered [almost] all of the way along.

Given that I also don't think a Butterfly is a cred - have I been a plonker and missed some "clearly a coaster" things that operate in this fashion?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Okay, so in a very big-d**k move, PortAventura World is gonna start accepting Bitcoin at its hotels next year, will become the first theme park to begin accepting cryptocurrencies as payment;