What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I mean it's not exactly a surprise given the damage to the coaster at NJ laws. But yeah I'm also unsure about RMC being involved unless they're talking about JD being closed for inspection?

Let's hope when Toro re-opens it hasn't been given the trims treatment.

bmac

Giga Poster
Seems El Toro will be down for the rest of the season because of this

View attachment 12547

Replying to this as I've done in some other places to say that this post is completely unfounded and the park still intends on attempting to open El Toro before the end of the season. RMC does not need to do anything with regards to replying to the Department of Community affairs since the issue with El Toro stemmed from the trains and not the structure of the ride. I personally would love if people had a better idea of how to vet information before posting it like this, since the person who posted this information gets their information from their wife who is not involved in any way with what is actually going on with El Toro.

I understand a lot of **** is going on with amusement parks and we're catching a lot of this footage, but please call other people to task for talking out of their ****ing asses about this ****. It doesn't do us any good, and it certainly doesn't do the parks any good either.

I understand a lot of **** is going on with amusement parks and we're catching a lot of this footage, but please call other people to task for talking out of their ****ing asses about this ****. It doesn't do us any good, and it certainly doesn't do the parks any good either.
Absolutely agree. For me, I get really frustrated when parks suffer accidents and incidents where the guest put themselves in that situation and it isn't the park's fault, but they get blamed by the media and not the guests

Twisterfan1995

Roller Poster
I posted the below to r/rollercoasters yesterday, figured I'd share here:

Screamscape just posted an update about Conneaut Lake Park , and its not exactly good news. Highlights of the post include:
  • Ride cars from the park's now defunct Tumble Bug ride may have been posted on ebay for an auction price of $5,000
  • Older rides at the park (Music Express, Witch’s Stew and the park’s train ride ) may have been sold off, and 4 of the rides brought in to replace them, including an octopus ride, swings, a slide, and dizzy dragons may have been listed for sale online ( all four rides are still listed on the parks website though)
  • Conneaut apparently cancelled many concerts and events that were scheduled in July, claiming it was due to staffing issues, with some speculating a potential cash flow problem as another possible cause.
  • Unverified reports/rumors of park staff having issues meeting payroll on time, pairing with rumored reports of many employees quitting in large numbers.
  • Several announced improvements, including waterpark expansion/updates, the old bumper car building's arcade conversion, and evaluations/repairs to the Blue Streak have still not taken place.
Screamscape also speculates that since the new owner is private real estate developer instead of the local public government/nonprofit trust board who previously operated it, that a longer term vision of the owner may be to eventually develop the lakefront property the park lies on into condos.

(Side note, an article originally posted last month on a Cleveland newspaper's website also mentions that the new owner, Philadelphia real estate developer Todd Joseph, found the lakefront view of the park quite appealing when he purchased it. It doesn't seem like he's made a long term decision on the Blue Streak, mentioning it would cost upwards of six figures just to restore individual cars on the coaster's train too.)

With all of of that in mind, it might be worth it for someone to send copies of any remaining Blue Streak blueprints or information over to Knoebel's as a precaution.....

cookie

Giga Poster
I'd be surprised if it gets a replacement, the ride and queue didn't take up much space.
I wouldn’t say it takes up any less space than the S&S drop tower next door. Plus, Tivoli’s been on a roll with replacing aging rides with new ones that take up the exact same footprint. I’d be surprised if something didn’t happen with that plot.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Man, yeah I remember seeing him in all sorts of old documentaries and things when I was a nipper.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Always floating objects riding Superman the Escape, always declaring every new ride the number one coaster in the world. But in the late 90s and early 00s you couldn't see a ride show on Discovery or Travel without him in it.
Got to meet him twice, once at IAAPA like 18 years ago and once at a highway reststop near Great Escape haha

Niles

Giga Poster
Intamin released a video showing the new Surf rider 2.0 :

Images were on the site a little while back:
d1405779a0fe0d767169db774db21245.png

71606445c876d9e7d07792ffa7c02a55.png

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
You know what, I actually think that looks quite fun for what it is! Not earth-shattering, by any means, but really, really good fun, if perhaps a tad rattly (although that might be the camera)!

Great job, Maurer! Hopefully Fuji-Q’s Spike Dragster rides well!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
You know what, I actually think that looks quite fun for what it is! Not earth-shattering, by any means, but really, really good fun, if perhaps a tad rattly (although that might be the camera)!

Great job, Maurer! Hopefully Fuji-Q’s Spike Dragster rides well!
The rack and pinion drive system will inherently create some form of a rattle and noise so I reckon that plays a part in why the POV looks a little shaky.