What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
The legendary Vertigo ride at Tivoli Gardens has closed for good.

Will it be replaced with a new thrill ride for 2022 then? Or will this just be removed for green space?

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I'd be surprised if it gets a replacement, the ride and queue didn't take up much space. On a personal note I'm gutted I didn't ride it when I had the chance as the queue was too big. Same as I did with the Blackpool Mouse 11 years ago.

Never pass a weird ride and not go on it.

Pear

Strata Poster
Such a sad loss I'm glad I got the chance to ride it back in 2018, but it is a truly unique experience and I doubt anything will ever come close to it. I hope that the ride gets relocated instead of demolished.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Looks like it's now confirmed that Thriller has been scrapped:

Shame it was unable to be saved but like Knightmare, it can't have been in good condition having been in storage for as long as it was.

Post translation:
$$ TSUNAMI HAS BEEN SOLD $$
Government of the State of Aguascalientes Newsletter.
′′ In compliance with the commitment to be an open and transparent administration, the controller of the State of Aguascalientes, Arnoldo Hernández Gómez Palomino reported that the State Government obtained nine million 50 thousand pesos, the result of the auction derived from the published call for the disposal tendering of mechanical games declared as scrap metal.
Hernández Gómez Palomino announced that 26 companies registered in this call, of which only 16 submitted an economic tender.
The controller pointed out that the award was for a company based in Aguascalientes, which offered the amount with which it could now avail itself of the auctioned material."
MAJOSE RECYCLER was the winner of the bidding
😓

It's a company dedicated to selling industrial waste for recycling.
After staying 5 years stored in San Marcos Island, we already know the fate of the roller coaster and I think this is how far the story of one of Schwarzkopf's most iconic roller coasters.
😢
😢

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ContraloriAgs/videos/1497890337227266/
#TsunamiForever
Thank you all for the spread of the page in search of a better destination for the Roller Coaster.
#ThanksAntonSchwarzkopf

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Texas Giant, Mean Streak, Georgia Cyclone, Timber Wolf, Wolverine Wildcat, Thunder Run and Predator. Never had the chance to ride Raging Wolf Bobs, Hercules or Psyclone (the only woodie with Mack trains). :(

Not only glad I got to ride and film it three different times (7 rides in total), during the CF Live I got to control it as well. I think it went to programmed mode only from 2010 on, if I remember correctly.

cookie

Giga Poster
...Huh. Didn’t except it to go away that soon.

It was the single most terrifying ride I’ve ever experienced and I swore it off after my one and only ride anyway, but this surprises me still.

Will

Strata Poster
Somebody wouldn't allow me to mess with the controls in 2009 as he wanted the programmed cycle - I'm sure I remember causing havoc with the controls on a ride in 2013, but I'm prepared to believe I wasn't actually accomplishing anything.

Either way, it was far and away my favourite ride at Tivoli and will be missed.

Peet

Giga Poster
I'm not surprised about Vertigo, I remember being genuinely shaken after getting off that thing, not quite sure if I'd been the victim of a horrible ride malfunction or if that really is what it's supposed to feel like.

^
Unless it's Kieppi.
I second this, it was vile, I (stupidly) lost all the change from my pocket too but managed to save the hotel room key!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Another victim of the "Rides named Vertigo" curse. At least this one operated for a full decade before its early demise. Others haven't even made it to completion.

Will

Strata Poster
RIP stupid ride.

In all seriousness, this is absolutely gutting news. I'm not a big one for flat rides, but this is surely the most intense and memorable I've ever ridden and the park will be slightly less fab without it.
Hmm... I spent a while trying to find the similar picture from the other trip, but sadly without success.

If I remember correctly, it wasn't a hugely comfortable ride to wear a poncho on as it kept wrapping around my face - and for reasons best known to my former self, it looks like I spent a fair amount of the morning wearing somebody else's sunglasses... :)

And yes, the park will be slightly significantly less fab worth visiting without it!

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
Wtf is going on with US woodies atm...

View attachment 12288

Screenshot_20210629-170626_Instagram.png

Apparently, the front left running wheel on car 6 of El Toro exploded.
Seems El Toro will be down for the rest of the season because of this

1626116573261.png