What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

TPoseOnTantrum

Roller Poster
So are we seeing a brand new coaster here or a relocation that isn't FL's Bullet? I'm a little confused.
Looks like it'll be a brand new coaster. Bullet isn't going anywhere.
Thanks for the confirmation. Interesting. I'm guessing it's a non-travelling model like the new gerst. Any more tidbits to share? 🤔 😂
Outside of the article and RCDB's subsequent updates, we are presently in the dark about what this is. Construction is slated to begin around September and they are aiming to have the coaster open by early 2022. And of course it will be called Wiener Looping.

SilverArrow

Giga Poster
Looks like it'll be a brand new coaster. Bullet isn't going anywhere.

Outside of the article and RCDB's subsequent updates, we are presently in the dark about what this is. Construction is slated to begin around September and they are aiming to have the coaster open by early 2022. And of course it will be called Wiener Looping.
Yes, I was aware of all that I was specifically asking Roomraider if he had any further information he could give as he has good sources of coaster information.

RCDB originally jumped the gun and listed it as the Bullet going by just the article as evidence but when others read it it was decided that it was inconclusive and it was relisted as a new coaster, hence why there is some confusion (and of course the name).

Last edited:

TilenB

Strata Poster
Afraid not at the moment all I know is its a custom design for the park. Not even got a manafacturer. I would assume it's non travelling as well.
I'd imagine it's not going to be a travelling model either, going by the bit in that article that mentions the coaster is going to extend over public areas as well.

Considering that this is promising to be an interesting construction project to follow, you might want to break this discussion into a different thread, mods. 🙂

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Saw this on Discord right now:

73idvw8bpw471.jpg

That's Gatekeeper's lift chain being ever so slightly out of its proper alignment. The ride might be down for a little while.

cookie

Hyper Poster
Saw this on Discord right now:

73idvw8bpw471.jpg

That's Gatekeeper's lift chain being ever so slightly out of its proper alignment. The ride might be down for a little while.
Wild Eagle was also evacuated after a sudden jolt a few days ago and Thunderbird has apparently been down for days. Not a good time for U.S wing coasters.

CrashCoaster

Strata Poster
Don't tempt fate, you never know what's gonna happen at an amusement park these days.
Didn't necessarily say there would be anyone on or near the train at the time did I? Nor did I say the severity. Could literally just be one wheel bogie coming out of alignment on the transfer table.

CanobieFan

Giga Poster

bmac

Giga Poster
They took that crackhead idea that Funtime had with their Star Flyers using Skycoaster Flight Suits and ran with it.

Yup, from my childhood experiences, they just need to flip the coaster upside down and use an arm to pedal the chain backwards. Easy-peasy.

That's pretty much how we do it on coasters... attach the new chain to the old one, run the drive as slow as it can go, the old chain pulls the new chain through, simples.

If that pile of scrap at the bottom of Gatekeepers lift ended up there deliberately then someone needs shooting as there is a good 5-6 tonne all tangled up.

Peet

Hyper Poster
For anyone geeky enough to want to know what the inside of an Indrivetec LSM stator looks like, here ya go:-

So there's a liquid cooling circuit within the LSM fin? I never realised that, interesting.