What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Rupert

Mega Poster
It’s hardly news but I enjoy Zamperla trying to break into the meme game:

Yup, from my childhood experiences, they just need to flip the coaster upside down and use an arm to pedal the chain backwards. Easy-peasy.

That's pretty much how we do it on coasters... attach the new chain to the old one, run the drive as slow as it can go, the old chain pulls the new chain through, simples.

If that pile of scrap at the bottom of Gatekeepers lift ended up there deliberately then someone needs shooting as there is a good 5-6 tonne all tangled up.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
For anyone geeky enough to want to know what the inside of an Indrivetec LSM stator looks like, here ya go:-

Peet

Giga Poster
For anyone geeky enough to want to know what the inside of an Indrivetec LSM stator looks like, here ya go:-

So there's a liquid cooling circuit within the LSM fin? I never realised that, interesting.

Niles

Giga Poster
Not sure if this deserves it own topic as its just a proposal but the plan is a redevelopment of the riverside in Wichita, KS, the project includes a hotel, air & space museum, aquarium, preforming arts centre, retail and more. The plan interestingly also shows a area with rides including what looks to be one of the new Chance Hyper GTX looping coasters, hopefully this goes ahead as it looks like it will be great for the area and I'm interested to see what Chance can do.

1624008452754.png
1624008516687.png

Quote: "Enjoy the ''Rolling on the River" Roller Coaster. There is absolutely nothing to compare with the thrill of having a roller coaster ride. Imagine roaring down every drop and curve with the Arkansas River siting right next to you."

Sources:

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
This isn’t really “news” as such, so apologies if this is in the wrong thread, but Legacy Entertainment released this awesome concept art for a Night at the Museum-themed dark ride that was previously planned, but never happened:

It’s unknown which park this was intended for, but I think it would have been quite cool, personally!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Walibi Holland are replacing their Go Karts:
0618schutter.jpg

(Image from Looopings)

They closed in 2018 following an incident (I believe a girl's hair got caught in the kart and was ripped from her scalp; the incident has only recently been fully resolved in court).

The suggestion is it could be some sort of family attraction as that's what the park want to focus on a bit more. Next year they're also updating the area around Lost Gravity and calling it the 'Zero Zone'.

From what I remember, at their 2019 Fright Nights event you walked along part of the race track to get to one of their scare zones (Eddie's Festival of Freaks), which was outside the normal park area. I also vaguely remember it being the first time that part was used for the event. It will be interesting to see if they still want to use that area for future events, and so want to keep such a walkway available with whatever replaces the Go Karts.

The Go Kart space is reasonably big, and in the park's 'Speed Zone', near-ish to Goliath. So potential for something solid, even if it is a minor investment.

Matt N

CF Legend
Walibi Holland are replacing their Go Karts:
0618schutter.jpg

(Image from Looopings)

They closed in 2018 following an incident (I believe a girl's hair got caught in the kart and was ripped from her scalp; the incident has only recently been fully resolved in court).

The suggestion is it could be some sort of family attraction as that's what the park want to focus on a bit more. Next year they're also updating the area around Lost Gravity and calling it the 'Zero Zone'.

From what I remember, at their 2019 Fright Nights event you walked along part of the race track to get to one of their scare zones (Eddie's Festival of Freaks), which was outside the normal park area. I also vaguely remember it being the first time that part was used for the event. It will be interesting to see if they still want to use that area for future events, and so want to keep such a walkway available with whatever replaces the Go Karts.

The Go Kart space is reasonably big, and in the park's 'Speed Zone', near-ish to Goliath. So potential for something solid, even if it is a minor investment.
Maybe a new family coaster might be nice? I’m not sure how new Walibi Holland’s family coaster lineup is, on the whole, but maybe something along the lines of Pegasé Express at Parc Asterix might work, given that Parc Asterix is also a CDA park?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Not sure if this deserves it own topic as its just a proposal but the plan is a redevelopment of the riverside in Wichita, KS, the project includes a hotel, air & space museum, aquarium, preforming arts centre, retail and more. The plan interestingly also shows a area with rides including what looks to be one of the new Chance Hyper GTX looping coasters, hopefully this goes ahead as it looks like it will be great for the area and I'm interested to see what Chance can do.

View attachment 12195
View attachment 12196

Quote: "Enjoy the ''Rolling on the River" Roller Coaster. There is absolutely nothing to compare with the thrill of having a roller coaster ride. Imagine roaring down every drop and curve with the Arkansas River siting right next to you."

Sources:

There absolutely needs to be more Chance GTX's in the world - would love to see this come to reality!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Oh god...

These Zamperla Giant Discoveries really do have problems don't they. I'd love to know what actually went wrong there, seems like the motors may have somehow got partially disconnected to the gondola arm? Whatever the case may be, I reckon there could be a design fault at play here and Zamperla may be in some trouble.

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
These Zamperla Giga Discoveries really do have problems don't they. I'd love to know what actually went wrong there, seems like the motors may have somehow got partially disconnected to the gondola arm?
SFA's is a Giant Discovery not a Giga Discovery

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
Oh god...

These Zamperla Giga Discoveries really do have problems don't they. I'd love to know what actually went wrong there, seems like the motors may have somehow got partially disconnected to the gondola arm? Whatever the case may be, I reckon there could be a design fault at play here and Zamperla may be in some trouble.
Jesus Christ the lord!
Someone is going to be in trouble!

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Oh god...

These Zamperla Giga Discoveries really do have problems don't they. I'd love to know what actually went wrong there, seems like the motors may have somehow got partially disconnected to the gondola arm? Whatever the case may be, I reckon there could be a design fault at play here and Zamperla may be in some trouble.
The question is, is this real?