What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

JackFish

Mega Poster
Makes sense, but it actually starts Monday with the exception of the week prior to and week after Christmas fully operational. Weekends fully open for families and weekdays strictly for enthusiasts is definitely better than the current Arcade Only weekday ops.
Now I can go with even less of a line!

cookie

Giga Poster
Christmas decor is going in and testing has begun for a new drone show to be held at night:

index.php

index.php

Movie Park Germany's Christmas event began in earnest yesterday and with it came a few changes around the park, including the Vekoma junior coaster Backyardigans: Mission to Mars now sporting a red and white color scheme (it was previously blue and white):

index.php

There seems to be a bit of an indecision as to what shade of red should be applied, though, since one part of the track sports a bright red while the rest is dark red.

Source:

cookie

Giga Poster
Both management and employees at Djurs Sommerland have begun a protest action against the local government due to the threat of a biogas plant being built just 1.2 kilometers (less than a mile) away from the park. The fear is that the added traffic congestion and odor from the plant will drive visitors away from the park, as well as make it unbearable for the people working there. Currently, the park is doing all in its power to persuade the government into moving the plant somewhere else, citing an increased risk to the park’s future were their fears to be realised. Wether the issue will be taken to court remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Soooo, Flying Dinosaur at USJ experiences an e-stop on the lift hill, and the BBC reports it as "Riders stranded upside down on roller coaster":

See, sh*t like this is one of the reasons I stopped paying the licence fee.

davidm

Strata Poster
Soooo, Flying Dinosaur at USJ experiences an e-stop on the lift hill, and the BBC reports it as "Riders stranded upside down on roller coaster":

See, sh*t like this is one of the reasons I stopped paying the licence fee.
I was in a dull on-line meeting.... so I sent the BBC a strongly worded email.... and now the riders were just left "dangling" (rather than "dangling upside-down").

(this may be coincidence rather than cause and effect, but my inner "disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" is satisfied 🤣 )

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It made the local NYC TV news broadcasts as well as the national news shows. Some, like CNN, updated the story with the park explaining that no guests were stranded upside down, but most kept repeating the upside down bit throughout the day and evening. :rolleyes:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Looks less like an extension of the existing track and more like a separate line altogether.

Optimistically I'd hope they'd be able to extend it all the way down to Ringsheim, but that might be way too costly.
They want to and it's in their long term plans. But they said there's about a billion hurdles to get over first. However it's in their list.

So fingers crossed eventually it will happen.

Anyone know if the direct Paris to Ringsheim services still run?

Lofty

CF Legend
So, there's been a new lease of life granted for Dreamland Margate:

Live Nation have bought the majority shares in the park. Which is amazing news. They soon realised that just being a seaside park wasn't attracting business, so they changed their model to become a really cool and quirky seaside events space (if you've been, you'll know how amazing the site is for live events). This coincides with having their operating hours increased to 4am closures, and having their 2-day consecutive event basis increased to 4 days within 28 days of one another. Which is also a significant boost.

Really happy to see this place absolutely thriving!

cookie

Giga Poster
They want to and it's in their long term plans. But they said there's about a billion hurdles to get over first. However it's in their list.

So fingers crossed eventually it will happen.

Anyone know if the direct Paris to Ringsheim services still run?
Currently it’s once a day on weekdays, and twice on weekends. Don’t know if that changes during the off-season, though.