What's new

Slammer - The end may be near?

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Someone who works at Thorpe told me Swarm cost around £21 million which is a huge amount. 2013 is 100% a medium investment year.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
ATTACKHAMMER said:
Someone who works at Thorpe told me Swarm cost around £21 million which is a huge amount. 2013 is 100% a medium investment year.
I don't know how that (a) proves Saw Alive was a medium investment (b) proves that 2013 is a medium investment year and (c) proves that the park ALWAYS does things in order like this. :roll:

Ethan

Strata Poster
Well the park does do it in order. Every three years it's a coaster. Saw Alive just was a medium investment. Remember it had actors as well etc...

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
MTDP 2010-2016
2 Coasters
One 2012 - The Swarm
One in 2015 on island A or E, maxium of 50m
4 new flat rides
One was Storm Surge. There are 9 possible locations for these rides.

dominoes

Mega Poster
^ Yeah, and one of those locations is on the old Jungle Safari. And since that is gone, I think that is a sign...

Ethan

Strata Poster
I think they covered up (or removed) Jungle Safari simply because it looked ugly. I'm not sure if that will be the 2013 location, but who knows....

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
The track and some of the theming for that is still there. It's a bit of an awkward space for a flat though.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Ethan said:
Well it cost about £400,000 if i'm not mistaken. Everyone on other forums also thinks that 2013 is the medium investment...

You also have to take the salary's of the huge amount of actors the attraction required to operate, on top of price of 400,000. So ya, it was probably a medium one.

Idlewild

Mega Poster
The cycle is small medium large.

2003- nemesis inferno - large
2004 - samurai (relocation) - small
2005 - slammer and rush - Medium
2006 - stealth - large
2007 - flying fish(relocation) - small
2008 - Time Voyagers - medium
2009 - Saw - large
2010 - Saw:Alive - Small
2011 - Storm Surge(relocation) - medium
2012 - The Swarm - large

This fits in with Alton, who now get large investments in Thorpe's small year and legoland Windsor who get large investments in Thorpes medium year.

Also next year Chessington are getting a large investment(finally) so it is unlikely that Thorpe will get a medium investment.

For those who are wondering saw alive cost around £550,000 and storm surge although practically free, had to be relocated halfway around the world.

As you can see Thorpe have had much less of a budget for the 2008 and 2011 years than they did for the 2001 and 2005 years and 2009 had a reduced budget as well. Presumably due to the credit crunch.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Not what most other people seem to think, but I can't be arsed to argue for it anymore. Hahaha.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
Idlewild said:
The cycle is small medium large.

2003- nemesis inferno - large
2004 - samurai (relocation) - small
2005 - slammer and rush - Medium
2006 - stealth - large
2007 - flying fish(relocation) - small
2008 - Time Voyagers - medium
2009 - Saw - large
2010 - Saw:Alive - Small
2011 - Storm Surge(relocation) - medium
2012 - The Swarm - large
Saw Alive was medium investment cause you have to take into account the repairs to the abused Bell, refurbishing/re-themeing it and the cost for actors therefore Storm Surge was a small investment as it was just a simple relocation (from a merlin park to Thorpe Park).

Flying Fish was also medium as cost £1 million to rebuild and I am sure Time Voyger cost mcuh less that £1 million.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
^ No Saw Alive was a small investment it was just repainted and actors were hired, now of course it is only open on weeekends. Flying Fish was moved out of storage and painted orange so how could that cost £1 million?

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
ATTACKHAMMER said:
^ No Saw Alive was a small investment it was just repainted and actors were hired, now of course it is only open on weeekends. Flying Fish was moved out of storage and painted orange so how could that cost £1 million?

Whole thing got refurbished and they got the new individual lap bar restraints

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Saw Alive was a medium investment. Maybe do your research before stating your opinion as fact?