What's new

Slammer - The end may be near?

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Oh yeah I totally agree with that! But I wish they dumped Slammer first. Plus it felt... right in the area. Now it feels all lonely.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
Ethan said:
^ Oh yeah I totally agree with that! But I wish they dumped Slammer first. Plus it felt... right in the area. Now it feels all lonely.
I know what you mean Ethan, Canada Creek really does feel lonely without CCR, as that was what made that section of the park unique, and it was still fun for the younger guests and straight-after-food-gentle-ride.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
ATTACKHAMMER said:
I really like Slammer so I hope they keep it. This is not the first time it has been in bits here is a photo I took last year.
But they have never removed the signs before, so this time it must be different.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
ATTACKHAMMER said:
^ It's only a sign dude :p The sign has probably just been removed temporarily.
Saw Alive is closed until Fright Night but they have still kept the signs up. So it just doesn't make sense why if this is only temporary closed why they have removed the signs as apposed to Saw Alive which is permanently closed until Fright Night and still has its signs.
idk.gif

Ethan

Strata Poster
Hopefully the park said that so people don't get annoyed. They'll rip in down some day <3

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
owenrita121 said:
The park have said that the ride isn't going anywhere, so calm down, they took the signs down big deal.
So can you give us a link to the proof that the park have said this, as I can't find anything from them in regards to Slammer.
Ethan said:
Hopefully the park said that so people don't get annoyed. They'll rip in down some day <3
Lets hope so, as it is a big pile of ****

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Check out rollercoasterreels new video, they have had an email off the park and I go find the picture now.
And a picture has been posted on roller coater extreme's Facebook page. So go check them out if your that bothered.

Idlewild

Mega Poster
Coasterfreck said:
So could this be the location of the 2013 new ride

Of topic: The strongest 2013 rumour I've heard is that Vengence is to be relocated into Time Voyagers.

I don't expect something major as it will be a small investment year.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Actually 2013 is a medium investment year...

2009 - Saw
2010 - Saw Alive
2011 - Storm Surge
2012 - Swarm
2013 - ....

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Saw Alive was a medium investment was it?

No, I'll think you'll find that the year after a major investment is a small one...

Ethan

Strata Poster
No, Saw Alive was a medium investment. Storm Surge was relocated from Cyress Gardens and was a small investment. However the hotel should open next year so they may not spend quite as much...

Ethan

Strata Poster
Well it cost about £400,000 if i'm not mistaken. Everyone on other forums also thinks that 2013 is the medium investment...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't know for sure, but I'd guess Swarm cost about £15mil, so I'd consider an investment of <3% of this to be small. It's basically just a warehouse on a boat. Hardly anything that expensive. I'd have thought relocating a ride (even if the ride itself isn't that expensive) over 4000miles is going to cost more than £400k.

I would have thought Saw Alive would be the small investment, supported by the fact that if followed the large one.