What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | Twisted Colossus | RMC Iron Horse

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Twisted Colossus | RMC Iron H

That's completely different then. If they are actually planting new trees, then in a few years it will be back to how it should be, I thought they were just leaving it out and ugly.

And can I just say, this looks **** beautiful and I need it in my life now.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster

Colossus being gone is sad, but holy **** this ride is the best replacement you could possibly ask for

GorresCoasters

Roller Poster

That high five looks mental, even more than Dauling Dragon's. I have high expectations that trains will be dispatched to the riders can try to high five each other.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ And that's what makes everyone afraid that SFMM would try to override train dispatch to not allow trains to match up. Please SFMM - don't screw this one up!

bmac

Giga Poster

Judging by the way the system is blocked it's likely that it was intended to make the trains pass through the hi-5 together, or as close as possible. Hopefully they employ a similar staging method like what Dueling Dragons used before they were barred from dueling.

Snoo

The Legend

I doubt it. This is Six Flags.. not an actually competent staff.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

We had hypothetically talked through a way to have the trains match up in the blocking earlier in this thread, and seemed to land on some important points:

- In order for blocking to work, train dispatch times must be consistent.
- Similar to DD, chain speeds could be variable to line up the trains, so that they crest the hill in sync. (Train ascends second lift hill at slower speed until first train catches up, and then returns to normal speed. This is could be accomplished through simple sensor placement along the lift hill)
- Inevitably, there is probably an option to override train sync, and dispatch trains without concerning of dueling the previous train.

Six Flags is Ok at dispatching - SFMM has been of my better Six Flags experiences in that regard - but I still would not hold my breath on SFMM not dueling trains in the long term.

Xpress

Strata Poster

I know everybody lights SF on fire when it comes to dispatching trains, but in all honesty, my experiences haven't been so. It seems that they are very consistent with dispatching trains, although sluggish at times.

Hopefully this one will work out, it seems like RMC designed it to be relatively fool-proof, but knowing the kinds of crowds in that area of California.... anything is certainly possible :?

Hutch

Strata Poster

Here's another interesting shot of the high five element.

11074583_10153258905887125_6955543235918136272_o.jpg

John Knotts

Mega Poster

I love how fluid the blue side is, versus the snappiness of the green.

Xpress

Strata Poster

Since nobody really likes to keep the thread updated.... The high-5 thing is basically completed, supports and all.

11082483_1580712162177146_2762599476863230264_o.jpg

And the top gun stall installation has begun.

10569074_1580401222208240_2074725201569101023_n.jpg

Also not sure if anybody cares, but goliath has new train skins.

1505620_10206981571884690_9128637216528596732_n.jpg

They're really going deep with this Screampunk District thing :?

All photos courtesy of Our Mountain.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

The train. It's, I... I can't even describe it's awesomeness.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Hahaha I love those train wraps for all they are worth.

Thanks for posting the photos Xpress - last big discussion was on the previous page around the building of the High Five element. It appears they are getting into the dueling section with inversions, though not that far?

Xpress

Strata Poster

From what I can tell, most of the support structure is up, they just have to install the track now and button up the rest of the supports. I'm just going off of what Our Mountain has been posting, but that's what it appears to me. Also not sure if anybody noticed but the sheer size of some of these elements is a LOT bigger than what the animation shows. The top gun stall is more than half the height of the lift.

Xpress

Strata Poster

Couple more pictures because awesomeness!!!

I had no idea the double down was this aggressive:

safe_image.jpg

And another photo courtesy of Our Mountain showing the top gun stall nearly completed, same goes for the airtime hill underneath:

11130143_10207044708343062_9222730901568425724_n.jpg

tomahawk

Strata Poster

That first picture I saw yesterday and my jaw nearly hit the floor. This thing is going to be bat ****.

Xpress

Strata Poster

I have a feeling that this ride is going to be infinitely more awesome than I have initially perceived. The animated POV is so wrong. Normally they get pretty close, but this is just way way WAY different.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I might actually have a reason to go to California!

- Local "Coaster Enthusiast"

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Smithy

Strata Poster

I hate the way those silver steel beams look. Stand out far too much. That segment looks immense though.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ Exact same thought. A shame they couldn't manage to paint it white to match.