Mega Poster
Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

Xpress said:
ludicrous-speed-activate.jpg

-------

Oh lookey, Full Throttle!

1k72k8pfitkb164lc90014.jpg

avg5b200010p26bsnd2o9i.jpg

^I think this photo accurately shows just the sheer size of the loop. That thing is huge!!

One amazing loop.

Xpress

Strata Poster

Here comes the capacity nightmare!! They state 2 trains will not be running on the track at the same time.

Yay! :D

Snoo

The Legend

For shame. Well it does make sense.. in case of a rollback on the airtime hill.. but still a killer to have an essentially 1 train operation. I hope they at least do the logical thing and have 3 trains rolling, 1 on course, one loading, and one in the break run.. that is if they know how to keep it going.

BUT! With their track record of saying "**** that noise" I don't think they will do that.

Wildmouse695

Roller Poster

A few things...

1) Nothing wrong with forming an opinion on a ride.... but there is only so much you can learn from watching POV's and looking at constructions pictures and statistics. I can form an opinion on Arctic travel or Green Eggs and Ham, but until I have actually tried it, it is a flawed opinion.... just saying

2) I don't think it's fair to say that everybody who has ridden this coaster are fanboys, douchebag or otherwise. The general opinion of those (LA times, TPR, Mice Chat blog) were highly critical before the ride was complete, until they actually rode it, when they were pleasantly surprised..... just saying

3) It's either leg restraint or OTSR...... which would you prefer?..... Exactly...... just saying

4) They are not full leg restraints like Tastu, Air etc.... it is more of a padded cushion that covers your shins. You can still move your legs..... just saying.

5) The tent is being added onto the loading area, the landscaping is growing in and a few touches are still being perfected. It's better to open it now and tweak that not open it at all until tweaks are completed.
The time spent was mainly in the ground work, the ride was assembled fairly quickly, plus they have built the plaza, shops and stages..... just saying.

6) The whole thing cost $8 M.... they had a small budget for this year and it went a LONG way. If they had spent $25M like on Gatekeeper, I could totally understand the comparisons and hate, but if this exact ride were built elsewhere, like SFDK, KBF or almost any other park, would there be the same outrage??? ... just saying

njn63

Mega Poster

Wildmouse695 said:
6) The whole thing cost $8 M.... they had a small budget for this year and it went a LONG way. If they had spent $25M like on Gatekeeper, I could totally understand the comparisons and hate, but if this exact ride were built elsewhere, like SFDK, KBF or almost any other park, would there be the same outrage??? ... just saying
Outlaw Run cost $10 million...

Yes, I'm aware that's not a fair comparison. :)

Wildmouse695

Roller Poster

njn63 said:
Wildmouse695 said:
Outlaw Run cost $10 million...

Yes, I'm aware that's not a fair comparison. :)

I would have preferred Outlaw Run too!

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

Wildmouse695 said:
3) It's either leg restraint or OTSR...... which would you prefer?..... Exactly...... just saying
I'd prefer that premier got with the program and just made them less intrusive and maybe softer.

Snoo

The Legend

Wildmouse695 said:
A few things...

1) Nothing wrong with forming an opinion on a ride.... but there is only so much you can learn from watching POV's and looking at constructions pictures and statistics. I can form an opinion on Arctic travel or Green Eggs and Ham, but until I have actually tried it, it is a flawed opinion.... just saying

2) I don't think it's fair to say that everybody who has ridden this coaster are fanboys, douchebag or otherwise. The general opinion of those (LA times, TPR, Mice Chat blog) were highly critical before the ride was complete, until they actually rode it, when they were pleasantly surprised..... just saying

4) They are not full leg restraints like Tastu, Air etc.... it is more of a padded cushion that covers your shins. You can still move your legs..... just saying.

5) The tent is being added onto the loading area, the landscaping is growing in and a few touches are still being perfected. It's better to open it now and tweak that not open it at all until tweaks are completed.
The time spent was mainly in the ground work, the ride was assembled fairly quickly, plus they have built the plaza, shops and stages..... just saying.

You just sayin?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Are you guys all four years old? Do you all need a bottle, blanket, and nap? **** A.

I personally think the s-turn up to the snake dive looks naughty, but that's about it. The loop is a loop - I know what it's gonna feel like. And the hill...yeah.

Xpress

Strata Poster

Some seem to rave about that snake dive thing.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Meh. It would have been nice to tick this off, but I think that's all I would have been doing. Ticking it off.

It'll be fun I'm sure, but nothing special.

Newtrek5

Mega Poster

^ Yes. Until you realize this is SFMM we're talking about.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

No it's actually a safety thing, Premier uses ratchet locking system which need the ankle restraints if the coaster has inversions, the ones posted above have hydraulic locking system that doesn't require extra restraint. The ankle restraints are there because with a ratchet it won't be completely snug on every rider, like the hydraulic, that little bit of wiggle room could end up being really bad if the coaster is stuck upside down the ankle restraint keeps riders from having their legs oriented in such a way that they could slip out.

Taxi

Mega Poster

This ride looks fun, that much I can tell. I like all the curvy-ness before and after the dive loop. The top hat looks to be lacking in any fun amount of airtime, oh well. I can really tell (from the pov) that there is a good amount of hang-time. 160' upside down, inching to crawl, and a lap bar.....scary.

Overall, for it's design, It does what it was intend to do. Loop > Dive > Backwards > Top hat. Not much, but It gets the job done and is one of the more tame coasters the park has to offer.

Great Addition for the park!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
No it's actually a safety thing, Premier uses ratchet locking system which need the ankle restraints if the coaster has inversions, the ones posted above have hydraulic locking system that doesn't require extra restraint. The ankle restraints are there because with a ratchet it won't be completely snug on every rider, like the hydraulic, that little bit of wiggle room could end up being really bad if the coaster is stuck upside down the ankle restraint keeps riders from having their legs oriented in such a way that they could slip out.
Very true, at least for Premier Italian Jobs and LIM Bowls. Not the most progressive restraints, and all feature ankle braces.

I'd focus less on the issue of having an ankle restraint, and more on the poor restraint design of Premier, versus other manufacturers. It does cause one to scratch their head when S&S, Intamin, and Gerstlauer all offer lap-only restraints. (And OTSRs that are still very open, such as KK)

And I will hop aboard the snake dive train - that is one good looking inversion.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Snoo said:
http://rcdb.com/8612.htm?p=28106

I looked for pictures and couldnt find specifics, but both Mr Freeze and every Premier Bowl ride I've been on has had the restraints. YOU NEED TO RIDE COASTERS SIR! :p

Well, in that case, they are so comfortable and non-invasive, IN MY OPINION, perhaps Intamin should take a peep at how to do it right?

You're right, though. I should ride more coasters. I've been stuck at 1109 for far too long.

Also, in before the unsticky?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

rollermonkey said:
Also, in before the unsticky?

Said she.

If the manufacturer designed or purchased a more precise ratcheting system for their lap bars, they could do away with ankle restraints. You'd be surprised how small of an interval one can get out of certain ratchets.