What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
We've had no mention of the new coaster construction at Six Flags Magic Mountain on CF, so here's are some photos of the now dismantled & gone forever Log Jammer area where the station of the new multi launch coaster will be built. An employee informed me that they have been told that the new coaster will be larger than Goliath & tomahawKSU gave me some more info saying that it is suppose to utilize the metro tunnels (a couple of which can be seen in the photos) that will be make it longest steel coaster in the world. He also said that Premier, Zierer & Intamin have all been mentioned as the manufacturer. Personally I hope they go with Intamin because of the success of Cheetah Hunt, which I like a lot.

IMG_8040.jpg

IMG_7717.jpg

IMG_8063.jpg

IMG_8055.jpg

IMG_8050.jpg

IMG_8052.jpg

IMG_8054.jpg

IMG_7719.jpg

bmac

Giga Poster
Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Unknown" | multi launch

there is some SEXY terrain for that coaster to use in the area, I hope they can get it to play with Ninja and whatever other coasters that the Log Jammer and the Monorail used to intertwine with.

Guess the B&M rumor has been dismissed? There was a lot of discussion on other boards about SFMM's great relationship with B&M and how B&M wants to finally unveil their own launching coaster. Don't get me wrong, Premier, Intamin, and the newly discovered Zierer also have great potential, too.

EDIT: There were talks about the name being "Full Throttle" but there is no 100% confirmed source that it will be called that. Likely a codename for now. Six Flags also will be announcing all their attractions for 2013 in the coming weeks just like what they did last year.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I think SFMM can think of something much original than 'Full Throttle'

... Goliath, Scream, Colossus. Ok maybe they can't.

Snoo

The Legend
Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

If they make this legendary.. I might have to fly out to test it out. If not? Meh.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

From what I understand, the plot of land they have available is massive. Even if they don't snatch up the record, it'll be a hell of a long ride.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

bmac said:
Six Flags also will be announcing all their attractions for 2013 in the coming weeks just like what they did last year.
They announce them for all the parks on September 1, so just under a month away!

I am pumped for this ride. If they make it taller than Goliath (255 feet) then it definitely has giga potential. Like ECG, I'm hoping for Intamin. The longest coaster in the world rumor also sounds great, we'll see if its doable.

I'm going to California next summer so I can't wait to ride this.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

Ah yes the supposed Six Flags answer to Maverick...supposedly some epic terrain coaster.

Ive already decided to finally go to Cali and SFMM next year so this thing better be epic, to make the trip a little extra worthy.

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster

It's gunna have to be pretty damn good for it to answer to Maverick...which would be nice, because Mav is an awesome coaster.

EDIT: Whatever it is, I don't think it'll be better than maverick....unless it has a working heartline roll..

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I'm guessing Intamin for this one, given the rumors about what this coaster will do.
It could also very well be a Premier creation, witch I personally hope for.

I don't really not see Zierer build this one. Six flags only bought a handful of kiddie coasters from them, and the last one was in 2000. Sure everybody said the same about Verbolten, but the Sea World group has done a lot of business with Zierer the last year's, and that's probably how they came to talks about the Launch coaster.

I'm not really sure what to think about the "bigger than Goliath" rumour tough.
I will follow this topic with interest!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

_koppen said:
I'm guessing Intamin for this one, given the rumors about what this coaster will do.
It could also very well be a Premier creation, witch I personally hope for.

I don't really not see Zierer build this one. Six flags only bought a handful of kiddie coasters from them, and the last one was in 2000. Sure everybody said the same about Verbolten, but the Sea World group has done a lot of business with Zierer the last year's, and that's probably how they came to talks about the Launch coaster.

I'm not really sure what to think about the "bigger than Goliath" rumour tough.
I will follow this topic with interest!

I'd like Mack. There restraints are more comfortable since they don't have Leg crushers like premier or Intamin who will likely put OTSR on the ride and being short usually means head banging will ensue.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

Youngster Joey said:
I'd like Mack. There restraints are more comfortable since they don't have Leg crushers like premier or Intamin who will likely put OTSR on the ride and being short usually means head banging will ensue.
If it has inversions then it will most likely have OTSRs: Mack, Intamin, Premier, whoever. That's why if it has multiple inversions then I'm hoping for Intamin. The only reason I would take Mack over Intamin is if it doesn't have inversions and was a more intense and ground/terrain-hugging version of Manta, whose restraints look really nice (SkyRush esque but actually comfortable).

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

bizarrofan10 said:
Youngster Joey said:
If it has inversions then it will most likely have OTSRs: Mack, Intamin, Premier, whoever. That's why if it has multiple inversions then I'm hoping for Intamin. The only reason I would take Mack over Intamin is if it doesn't have inversions and was a more intense and ground/terrain-hugging version of Manta, whose restraints look really nice (SkyRush esque but actually comfortable).

Blue Fire by Mack and Skyrocket by Premier both have inversions and neither of them have OTSR.

So like I said. Mack>Premier>Intamin because Lap bar>Lap bar+Leg Restraints>OTSR's

:wink:

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster

Hopefully this doesn't become another discussion/argument over restraints again...lol :lol:

Intricks

Strata Poster

Actually to my knowledge theyve retrofitted all older Premiers wil lap restraints (and an EXTREMELY oddly placed belt) with all their new rides being their new style lap restraint

Xpress

Strata Poster

Is it weird that I just got a boner?

nadroJ

CF Legend

Wicked, I'm glad something potentially good is going there, AJ and I were wondering what was in store for that piece of land when we saw it in May! Will make a return trip to SFMM worth it, what with this, Lex Luthor and the spiteful Superman! Hope it's awesome.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

Youngster Joey said:
Blue Fire by Mack and Skyrocket by Premier both have inversions and neither of them have OTSR.

So like I said. Mack>Premier>Intamin because Lap bar>Lap bar+Leg Restraints>OTSR's

:wink:

Ok, thanks for the clarification. So pretty much Mack did blue fire and Manta with those lap bars, so Intamin said anything you can do I can do better and made similar lapbars for SkyRush, except they failed epicly.

I like Intamin's OTSRs, though. I thought they were good on Maverick, Ka, and I305.

bmac

Giga Poster

It isn't that they failed epicly, they were really comfortable compared to other intamin lap bars and almost on par with the B&M clamshells. It's because Skyrush was too intense for that particular style of lap bar with all those negative G's