What's new

Six Flags Great Adventure | Flash: Vertical Velocity | Vekoma Super Boomerang | 2025

I'm visiting mid July and I'm thinking this is unlikely to be open by then.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk

Honestly, now that it's Vertical, I would bet they have the full circuit put together in a couple weeks. The coaster is pretty compact and not too complicated.

So being opened sometime in July, I would say Friday July 11th, isn't completely out of the realm of possibilty...

Yes, I know it's Six Flags, but they sure know how to rush these things when they need them, especially because their installations are always so "bare bones" for lack of a better word.

Honestly I'm super stoked for this installment, probably my most anticipated ride of 2024 in the US.

Hopefully Vekoma gets this thing running consistently, I have pretty good confidence that they will, and maybe we'll see some clones at other parks, or some kind of adaptation of this style of coaster at other parks. I think I would prefer this to the Sky Rocket models by Premier.

My only slight concern is capacity, especially at the bigger parks. At only 24 riders per cycle, this line is going to be slowwww.

Flash logos lifted into place the other day. Some landscaping and electrical building done but the station hasn't even gone up yet, we've awhile to wait in Six Flags fashion;
FlashCherry.png
Source

Since this thread more or less started off with a rant on what GADV's 50th anniversary was going to look like, it'd be rude to not refer back to it. The Big Wheel reopened the other day after an extensive refurbishment, while the Log Flume is still being worked on. Seems like they dropped the idea of reverting it to its original colors, here's a look at new lift belt rollers being installed the other day;
452854159_408745505514105_7958571306236279302_n.jpg
Source