What's new

Six Flags Great Adventure | Flash: Vertical Velocity | Vekoma Super Boomerang | 2024

Matt N

CF Legend
-"State-of-the-art"
-"Sometimes you have to look down for the best views"

I know a certain ride, that may or may not be built at its intended location, that checks a few boxes...
View attachment 26093

[PURE speculation, but] what an awesome move this would be!
Correct me if I’m wrong, but is this the tilt coaster intended to be going to COTALAND?

That would be a cool addition to Six Flags Great Adventure, but we don’t know that the COTALAND coasters aren’t going ahead (as far as I know… I’m not the most in the loop with that project).

My first thought was the unbuilt “Drachen Spire” concept from Busch Gardens Williamsburg given the previous rumours of some sort of Intamin LSM-launched giga, but that was cancelled a couple of years ago now, and the manager’s wording suggests that this coaster was a fairly recent opportunity for SFGAdv, so I’m not sure…

Also, do we necessarily know that it’s a coaster that was previously designed for another park? Perhaps they could simply have had a manufacturer offer them an accelerated rate of development on a ride (it sounds strange, but I have previously heard of cases where it has happened)?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
That would be a cool addition to Six Flags Great Adventure, but we don’t know that the COTALAND coasters aren’t going ahead (as far as I know… I’m not the most in the loop with that project).
COTAland is still happening, they’re just pretty quiet right now… I know for a fact that they received footer cages from Vekoma a few months ago and most (if not all) of the rides are on site. The facility is currently working on another major project with the grandstand and still sorting out some park permits before they go full tilt with construction on that one.

That being said, there is a fourth mystery tilt coaster project that for all we know could be headed anywhere. So yea, we can dream!

Knortie307

Roller Poster
COTAland is still happening, they’re just pretty quiet right now… I know for a fact that they received footer cages from Vekoma a few months ago and most (if not all) of the rides are on site. The facility is currently working on another major project with the grandstand and still sorting out some park permits before they go full tilt with construction on that one.

That being said, there is a fourth mystery tilt coaster project that for all we know could be headed anywhere. So yea, we can dream!
COTA'S VEKOMA is in production at there factory

bigmac1789

Roller Poster
-"State-of-the-art"
-"Sometimes you have to look down for the best views"

I know a certain ride, that may or may not be built at its intended location, that checks a few boxes...
View attachment 26093

[PURE speculation, but] what an awesome move this would be!
Cotaland may still be happening, but Grona Lund started construction on one. They just had a major incident which may lead to the cancellation of the project. Energylandia is also getting one, but nothing has been updated or known.

I was also looking at other parks that started construction, but now delayed is Nickelodeon Universe China. Track showed up, but nothing has been known about that projects status.

Last edited:

bigmac1789

Roller Poster
Where did you get that from?
This is all observation/speculation, we know that Six Flags got this coaster last minute. So I'm looking at all possibilities. Grona Lund has been planning a Vekoma tilt? According to rumors and other things. (Also in Coasterforce forums) so my speculation is it's the Grona Lund coaster.

The other one I was thinking about is it's Energylandia's tilt coaster. Sweet Valley just got delayed, and nothing much from what I can find has been happening with this tilt.

The last coaster I was thinking is the coasters at Nickelodeon Universe China. Track showed up and everything, but nothing known has been happening besides that Track arrived.

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
This is all observation/speculation, we know that Six Flags got this coaster last minute. So I'm looking at all possibilities. Grona Lund has been planning a Vekoma tilt? According to rumors and other things. (Also in Coasterforce forums) so my speculation is it's the Grona Lund coaster.
As you mentioned yourself, Grona Lund is all speculation. There's literally nothing to suggest that they're getting a Tilt Coaster any time soon, other than one wacky outdated rendering of an expansion they don't yet have permission for. So to say they've started construction on one is honestly quite mindboggling to me. It's just false.

As for the one at Energylandia, no visible progress doesn't mean a project is cancelled. How many times have we seen parks buy a (second-hand) coaster and not install it for a number of seasons. This project is partially funded using EU money, so I don't think it'd be this easy to just ditch it even if they wanted to. There may be a thousand factors at play for them to not have started construction. The same goes for COTAland, too. Please just stop jumping to conclusions, only time will tell.

Christian

Hyper Poster
of an expansion they don't yet have permission for.

As you said, Gröna Lund is all speculation but they did get rezoning they requested and are allowed to build amusement rides on the plot. The full planning map is too big but this is what they will build. You can see the heights of the buildings as well as the ride top heights they are allowed in the different sections. In total they are only allowed two tops on the plot. Overall rides need to be between a minimum of 3.5m over the ground to a maximum of 12m over the ground (except for two plots). Rides are not yet decided.

1691795954566.png

Back to the other side of the pond now.

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Cotaland may still be happening, but Grona Lund started construction on one. They just had a major incident which may lead to the cancellation of the project. Energylandia is also getting one, but nothing has been updated or known.
Yea sorry but they never even got permission for it, never mind started construction. The accident never had anything to do with this, kinda bogus and insanely misleading info.

I hate to go off on a tangent in this thread but I have heard rumblings that it would go to SAFARILAND STUKENBROCK in Germany… have absolutely zero clue how verifiable this is but at this rate it could happen anywhere (such as… SFGADV). Not Grona, though, there’s simply no realistic scenario on which that happens.

bigmac1789

Roller Poster
Yea sorry but they never even got permission for it, never mind started construction. The accident never had anything to do with this, kinda bogus and insanely misleading info.

I hate to go off on a tangent in this thread but I have heard rumblings that it would go to SAFARILAND STUKENBROCK in Germany… have absolutely zero clue how verifiable this is but at this rate it could happen anywhere (such as… SFGADV). Not Grona, though, there’s simply no realistic scenario on which that happens.
Ok I apologize bringing up the incident. Projects have been cancelled in the past, so that was just a consideration on why their was a list minute switch. I didn't stay up on that Grona project too much.

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
As you said, Gröna Lund is all speculation but they did get rezoning they requested and are allowed to build amusement rides on the plot. The full planning map is too big but this is what they will build. You can see the heights of the buildings as well as the ride top heights they are allowed in the different sections. In total they are only allowed two tops on the plot. Overall rides need to be between a minimum of 3.5m over the ground to a maximum of 12m over the ground (except for two plots). Rides are not yet decided.

View attachment 26100

Back to the other side of the pond now.
Whoops, my bad. Missed that one👍

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
New teaser!

Now check this out:

4 (total inversions)
50 (meters tall) ((rounded))
24 (seats per train)
15 (th coaster at the park)
436 (meters of track)

A LOT of numbers line up here...👀👀
Ahhhh, a use for my Maths PhD on the forums at last! 🤓

The answer is 587.
As much as the numbers add up for a Vekoma Super Boomerangalang, we may have a case similar to Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

Here is what I and some other's have thought about:

4 = Words/letters in the name / the No. of launches / Parks 4th Intamin
50 = 50th Anniversary (obviously)
48 = Height Requirement
15 = No. of coasters the park will have
24 = The year it opens
10 = No. of airtime moments/State Records
436 = Train/Seating Set Up - 4 seats per car / 3 Cars per train / 6 Trains

Many others have predicted this including Coaster Studios.

Source

Now obviously, we have some stuff to play around with now, I am going to be searching on RCDB and Ride Manufacturer pages to find anything that may be relevant. One thing in particular is the Trains, what have I already shown that has 3 cars per train?? This:
Intamin Figure 8 Diagram 2.jpg
Yeah!
The only issue I have is the 6, could it physically run 6 trains, probably not, there aren't enough block zones for them as seen here:
Intamin Figure 8 Diagram 1.jpg
I'm sorry but the rumours flying round about my beloved Intamin being drafted in for Six Flags again just won't get out of my head, this ride would be perfect for Great Adventure, the Banana Roll over the entrance would be epic!

However, I think I have got the numbers pretty much bang on, in my opinion!

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I think you're reaching and (intentionally) trying to make it an Intamin. I think numbers line up perfectly with the Super Boomerang from my post; sorry, but that F8 layout isn't running 6 trains no matter what way you slice it. And, there's no way that layout would fit. I don't know where the Intamin rumor came from, but many people talking about it doesn't mean it has an ounce of truth to it.

This is the how the Super Boomerang would fit in the area this is likely going:
1691865415031.png

JoshC.

Strata Poster
On a serious note, a Super Boomerang fits the numbers. Also a decent addition.

The two immediate thoughts that come to mind though are:
1. How would a 1 train Boomerang, at the entrance no less, cope at the park?
2. A Super Boomerang doesn't quite line up with the rumoured investment for SFGAd, I'd've thought?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Just my $0.02:

1. Probably brutal lines. The Vekoma product page says the theoretical capacity is 800/hr. SF Ops probably won't hit that, but it can't be that much worse than the Free Spin they already placed at the end of the main street of the park.
2. This specific addition appears to be the "nice ride they had the opportunity to add kind of late in the game". I'd bet that they've been planning on another coaster somewhere else in the park, but the stars aligned here and they pulled the trigger on this one. Wouldn't be surprised if they get that other coaster in the next few years.

basicbatch

Roller Poster
On a serious note, a Super Boomerang fits the numbers. Also a decent addition.

The two immediate thoughts that come to mind though are:
1. How would a 1 train Boomerang, at the entrance no less, cope at the park?
2. A Super Boomerang doesn't quite line up with the rumoured investment for SFGAd, I'd've thought?
That rumored investment was chain-wide. Not just great adventure. It was an additional ~80 mil or so for the whole chain