What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger | B&M Dive Coaster | 2022

oriolat2

Giga Poster
You can see on the boxes behind the train the labels are in German, so would be Gerst.
Plus, I don't know how feasible would be having rolling stock from different manufacturers on the same ride, as far as sensors in the station go, brake fin positioning, etc. Like it or not, SFFT will be stuck with Gerst until they buy 3 new trains from RMC.

As for Cliffhanger, any news on testing?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
As for Cliffhanger, any news on testing?
Kind of? They attached two of the three cars needed to make a full train and guided it along the brake run turnaround.
FUbcteKWIAA9e1Z.jpeg
FUbcteKXoAA1_Mq.jpeg

In the meantime, station and cattlemen construction are moving along at a decent pace.
FUhwracWYAAVnzh.jpeg
FUhwsIJX0AEIcmj.jpeg
Despite the much-needed shade offerings and fabulous appearances, the reused pavilion roofs might interfere a bit with the 360-perspective within the coaster's site, but its location will still provide some great views for guests in the extended line. It will impress, to say the least.
FUhwswIXwAQwHni.jpeg
Source & Source

Ethan

Strata Poster
Looks, decent, I guess? Drop and airtime hill looks nice, although the MCBR really kills the pacing I'd say, and I've never thought much of flat helixes as finales tbh.

Rupert

Mega Poster
Those MCBR trims! Way to kill the ride’s pacing, what a weak second half… I don’t see any benefit to that layout compare to something like Valkyria which is marginally shorter but keeps the pace and excitement up right to the final brake run.

opivy028

Mega Poster
Looks, decent, I guess? Drop and airtime hill looks nice, although the MCBR really kills the pacing I'd say, and I've never thought much of flat helixes as finales tbh.
Yeah I really don’t understand the practice of B&M dive coasters almost always having the near dead stop on the MCBR before another steep drop. The steep drops after are never that special where they’re worth killing the momentum that completely. Skip the extra “dive,” have minimal speed reduction for the MCBR, and make for more interesting second halves.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Those MCBR trims! Way to kill the ride’s pacing, what a weak second half… I don’t see any benefit to that layout compare to something like Valkyria which is marginally shorter but keeps the pace and excitement up right to the final brake run.
Agreed. The non-MCBR dive machines are always superior with Valkyria reigning supreme. That being said, I try really hard not to write off rides based on a POV, so I’ll reserve judgment.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Ok so there's definitely no moving floor:-

View attachment 19301
This is so much more efficient. If you avoid moving parts, there is less maintenance and less chances of the ride going down. On top of this, you can dispatch trains faster without retracting floor leading to better hourly capacity (in theory). B&M already figured this out with their flying coaster models, and if they can raise seats on their floorless models, I am all for it!

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
So it’s basically no longer a floorless train, more of a winged coaster design like Skyrush. The middle 3 seats all have a full on floor in each row.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Empty train definitely makes it vibrate more and run slower. I'll hold off final thoughts until it starts running with full trains, but that looks incredibly whelming. I'll never get past that stupid MCBR. Sacrificed a faster-paced layout & bigger (but fewer, because space) elements for extra capacity that they probably won't even be able to operate fast enough to justify.