What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger | B&M Dive Coaster | 2022

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Jeffrey Siebert is asking people to vote on the front of the train design; whether it will say the full ride name or just Cliffhanger:-

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Jeffrey Siebert is asking people to vote on the front of the train design; whether it will say the full ride name or just Cliffhanger:-

I personally think it should be titled:

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger | B&M Dive Coaster | 2022​

Lofty

CF Legend
I still think the 7 across rows are ****ing weird. Plus, 21 riders per car?!

The only logical thought process is that they're looking to implement better operations on the single rider queueing system (if they even do it). So in theory, every single train could potentially have a family of four, a couple and a single rider (for example).

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I still think the 7 across rows are ****ing weird. Plus, 21 riders per car?!

The only logical thought process is that they're looking to implement better operations on the single rider queueing system (if they even do it). So in theory, every single train could potentially have a family of four, a couple and a single rider (for example).
Or work like Phantasialand do on Chiapas and River Quest and have a separate queue right at the end for even and odd-numbered parties. This way attendants can pick more easily from each one ensuring that each train is completely filled.

I am really intrigued to see how this works in reality because this will require a person batching people at all times, and we know how Six Flags like to cut corners in terms of operations.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Huh, interesting on the 7. I can see the hypothetical playout on allowing different permutations - but like others genuinely question how many true, full rows will be dispatched versus having an empty rider.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I know how they install the lift chain - but I still swear it's black magic, and actually put in place by elves in the middle of a full-moon night.
Heh, that even makes sense with the calendar. There's a full-moon in two days.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Latest updates from the coaster;

Local media got mouthy and dropped a plausible June 25 grand opening date. Jeffrey Siebert was quick to shoot it down as unofficial, although given that it was only two weeks off of their originally suggested June 11 date, it's worth keeping an eye on.

Lots of progress taking place on the queue. Crews have been relocating structure roofs of unused pavilions onto the Dr. D. cattle pens. Pretty cool way to save materials.
FTry_FYWAAMesZ2.jpeg
FTuvt2kWIAAXS8w.jpeg
FT80hNjXwAEJ4eU.jpeg

Station and storage track structures are going up;
FTFIQB5X0AE6BQe.jpeg
FTFIQB8X0AElUe2.jpeg

They've begun loading cars into the latter;
FTsXUaLWQAIC-6i.jpeg

Source & Source & Source & Source & Source