What's new

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom | Batman: The Ride | S&S 4D Free Spin

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Not gonna lie, when I saw this on the announcement video my initial thought was "wait, don't they have one already?", followed by "wait, how are they just getting one now?"

But yeah, I like this addition. SFFT's Batman is the best of the ones I've done, but that's due to the amount of fins along the ride. If there's a lot, its more entertaining than just rocking back & forth like SFNE's.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I've ridden one of these - the GAm one - and I thought it was pretty gross to be honest. So much so, that when I visit Discovery Kingdom next year I might not even bother with this one.
Their one saving grace is that they're slightly less painful than the Intamin Zacspins, which are disgustaaaaang!

Matt N

CF Legend
I've always envisaged one of these as feeling a bit like a Top Spin on rails; is that kind of what they feel like, out of interest?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
If you wanna feel like you're being killed, load up Insane at Grona Lund with 600lbs on one side and barely 300lbs on the other. THAT is a near death experience if I've ever had one. We did 7 :emoji_poop:ing flips on a single cycle, 2.5 of which were on the brake run alone.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
The ones at SFGAdv and SFGAm are a lot milder than the SFFT one. I love all of them but SFFT has better fin placement so it flips a lot more strategically than the others. That backflip out of the lift is insane.

It's all about where they put the fins, it enables them to make the ride as aggressive or mild as they want. SFGAdv's Joker actually has a mild side and a more thrilling side.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
If you wanna feel like you're being killed, load up Insane at Grona Lund with 600lbs on one side and barely 300lbs on the other. THAT is a near death experience if I've ever had one. We did 7 :emoji_poop:ing flips on a single cycle, 2.5 of which were on the brake run alone.
We did something similar, one of the worst coaster experiences ever.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
^
Oh it was an experience alright. I loved it though, I still to this day can feel those transitions and can feel my head about to explode all over again

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Yeah I think I experience 4Gs upside down. Not my kinda ride.

Don't know what these S&S ones are like though, they seem alot tamer.
Yeah they are, I've done Insane and Joker, much preferred Joker, there's only a couple of fins on the Green side(i think it's that side) so it only flips a couple of times and its nowhere near the velocity of a weight organised Zacspin.

YUNG_CHOPPA

Mega Poster
I like this for the park, but they need to get a big roller coaster in the next 3 years or CGA will pass them up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Hahahaha Six Flags is such a ****ing joke. They are JUST NOW getting around to meeting with city planning committees regarding the ride, according to Screamscape:

Lets hope construction crews can move fast at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, because the local Vallejo Planning Commission will just be meeting this month to vote on the final approvals needed to build the announced Batman coaster (S&S 4D FreeFly). If approved construction will be able to begin in January, though it mentions that construction could take place over a nine-month period of time. Lets hope that’s just a little extended time in case something goes wrong, and that the crews can put this one together fast, weather permitting.

Good God...what awful project management.