What's new

Six Flags 2019 Announcements

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
This. Is. Gold.
Matthew Myers
12 hrs
Hustler will be rethemed to be Hustler!!!! But there are big changes coming to Rockville!!!
Joseph Jirik
Hustler?? What a stupid name. Why couldn't they keep it Hustler.
Barry Zuckercorn
Their license agreement ran out so they had to go with a different name

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
What about SF Darien Lake? They might invest in that.

giphy.gif

YUNG_CHOPPA

Mega Poster
I'm disappointed.

Superloops aren't roller coasters, SFDK needed something better than a clone, West Coast Racers seems meh, Maxx Force seems meh, I'm surprised those parks didn't already have a gyro swing, & Sky Screamers are played out but I guess Darien Lake needs one. Everything else was a kids ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I can't get my mind around a 2 second 0-75 mph time on MaxxForce. What's the 0-60 time, then? 1.5?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
It all depends on the launch system. Maxx Force uses an Air Launch, much like Dododonpa, Bullet Coaster, Powder Keg, etc. These tend to have really high acceleration rates, reaching their top speed around the 2 second mark. Hydraulic launches are similar, but use hydraulic pumps to generate the power instead of compressed air. Magnetic launches are usually the slowest, but the most versatile. Instead of a physical object hurtling down a track, you can program the magnets to launch at the desired speed. Of course, after the ride opens there's 0 chance of it changing much, but it's still doable.

tl;dr: It's going to have one hell of a launch.