What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

Swoosh

Mega Poster
It seems really convoluted though? I'm hardly a general public member and that's gone straight over my head.

To be honest, I'm sure it's over the GP's head as well but that's how they do things at SDC. It's a subtle nod to those that know and just part of the facades to everyone else. There's a lot of things like that at the park. For instance all of the posters around the park are tributes to current and former workers (much like the windows over Main Street at Disney parks).

Got my invite today to the media announcement. Now I got to figure out how to convince my boss to let me off that day.

Mason Blaty

Roller Poster
To be honest, I'm sure it's over the GP's head as well but that's how they do things at SDC. It's a subtle nod to those that know and just part of the facades to everyone else. There's a lot of things like that at the park. For instance all of the posters around the park are tributes to current and former workers (much like the windows over Main Street at Disney parks).

Got my invite today to the media announcement. Now I got to figure out how to convince my boss to let me off that day.
how do you get an invite?

Swoosh

Mega Poster
how do you get an invite?
You are...
1. A member of the media
2. Have an established working relationship with the park.

I've been literally working with the park since PowderKeg debuted. My marching band (I'm a teacher) was part of the Grand Opening for Firemans Landing. Nothing like being on a first name basis with the upper brass and owners of the park.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
For more photos and BIGGER photos of the ones supplied below... FULL UPDATE HERE
STATION PROGRESS:
IMG_8460.JPG

Notice how the bridge is now installed and has grown wider in size.

IMG_8458.JPG

The pathway from the bridge back to the park is now being installed.

TRACK PROGRESS:
IMG_8467.JPG

It doesn't look like any additional track pieces have been installed, but there are several new supports up

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I do hope they dress that bridge nicely - it would be a shame to have such a nice looking station building with a dirty great metal bridge.

It's also interesting to see the view from the amphitheatre. Is there a lot of construction noise heard from there? Will hopefully give some good views of the first drop.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
I do hope they dress that bridge nicely - it would be a shame to have such a nice looking station building with a dirty great metal bridge.

It's also interesting to see the view from the amphitheatre. Is there a lot of construction noise heard from there? Will hopefully give some good views of the first drop.

I too am hoping that the bridge gets a facade added. Since it is quite visible from the ThuNderaTion queue and path down to Echo Hollow I would be surprised if they leave it exposed like it currently is.

The construction crews are usually gone by the time Echo Hollow opens for its nightly show so it's not an issue.

Mason Blaty

Roller Poster
I don't know if this is significant but I found what looks like two numbers in the background of the video above the G (sorry no pic i couldn't figure out how to upload)

peep

CF Legend
Can't be bothered to go back through the thread, is this 100% a spinning coaster? That looks like an amazing first drop either way.