What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Finally, an update. I was beginning to wonder why you'd gotten so lazy. ;)

Are you invited to the event?

I'll have someone there. I will be back teaching by then so hard for me to get away during the week.

I posted this on my blog, but the only real change since I was last at the park was they put up the supports for the exit bridge from the station.
IMG_7412.JPG

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Bigger versions of the photos can be found HERE
They have added the truss for the exit bridge from the station.
IMG_7424.JPG

IMG_7425.JPG

Mason Blaty

Roller Poster
I was at the park yesterday and I can confirm that the coaster will invert there was a support that went at about a 173° angle I couldn't get a pic because I could only see it from TnT. I also talked to a steampunker that when I asked said he was a time traveler and told me to keep a secret but that he was very specifically traveling to 1908... I think this might be significant.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I also talked to a steampunker that when I asked said he was a time traveler and told me to keep a secret but that he was very specifically traveling to 1908... I think this might be significant.

1908m=6260ft. I highly doubt they would invest in a coaster of this length, but its plausible! If this is the case, it would be the longest inverting roller coaster, beating out CS by 188ft.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Or it's to correspond with something in local history, perhaps? Feels more likely than the length of the coaster. ;)

Had a quick Google, and nothing much comes up, however some (I'm sure there are many more) notable events:
  • The Ozark National Forest was founded in 1908
  • Ford released the Mk I Model T Ford in 1908
  • First ever Times Square Ball drop welcomed in 1908
Given the steampunk type theming for this, I'm betting some sort of engineering breakthrough or new technology from 1908 that the time travellers will have allowed you to ride.

Mason Blaty

Roller Poster
They did just recently day that it will be more than double the size of their biggest attraction so 6260ft could actually be a possibility

Swoosh

Mega Poster
You don't think it could be as simple as the ride is opening in 2018 and the park is themed to the 1800's? Thus 2018 = 1908..

Swoosh

Mega Poster
I'm not seeing how that makes sense?

Silver Dollar City is themed to the 1880s when Marvel Cave (the cave the park was built on top of) was being mined for guano. Each ride at the park has its date added to the facade with a corresponding year so 2018 would 1908 in the "SDC universe"

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm sorry but that makes absolutely no ****ing sense '2018 would 1908 in the "SDC universe"'. What?

Could this not just be a date that they've decided to base their narrative around? Steampunk is often a form of Victoriana, which dates back to the early 1900's (1901, but the style of the era spreads further).

Swoosh

Mega Poster
I'm sorry but that makes absolutely no :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing sense '2018 would 1908 in the "SDC universe"'. What?

Could this not just be a date that they've decided to base their narrative around? Steampunk is often a form of Victoriana, which dates back to the early 1900's (1901, but the style of the era spreads further).

I'm not sure what you're getting hung up on. I've explained it twice now and even if you do not understand that is how they do things at SDC. 1908 (in this instance) is 2018.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
81752807-3069-4557-8CB1-7DFBDBFEF856-12669-00000B168C8D87D1.jpeg For example - 1883 on the Outlaw Run station corresponds to 2013 when it opened.

So why 1908? Well this is supposed to be "the future" - so look for the date 1888 on the building and a promise to go 20 years into the future (1908)

Lofty

CF Legend
It seems really convoluted though? I'm hardly a general public member and that's gone straight over my head.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Me too, all seems a bit ridiculous if you ask me.
I am kinda excited to see what the layout of this thing will be though.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
1883 on the Outlaw Run station corresponds to 2013 when it opened.
So why 1908? Well this is supposed to be "the future" - so look for the date 1888 on the building and a promise to go 20 years into the future (1908)

giphy.gif